Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Blazing Bright IPA & Snowcap 2019 (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Blazing Bright IPA & Snowcap 2019Pyramid Brewing and I go way back…and while I wasn’t necessarily drinking a lot of great beers in 1984 when they opened, shortly thereafter I discovered them (great beers and Pyramid Brewing).  I’ll admit that we didn’t see a lot of Pyramid in Northeastern PA, but ultimately when we did see their beers, it was one specific beer.  That beer was called Pyramid Snow Cap and to this day it remains one of my holiday favorites.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Blazing Bright IPA
Today we’re sampling something new from Pyramid Brewing and the beer is called Blazing Bright IPA and here is Pyramid’s description:
Blazing Bright is true to its nature, strong tropical flavors of mango and pineapple that will brighten up your taste buds as if the morning sunrise was canned for your enjoyment. A medium bodied, hazy with golden amber hue, looks just as it tastes, sunrise in a glass. The tropical aroma of mango, pineapple, and stone fruit, matches with taste while adding a slight lingering bitterness. Let this be the reminder to all the good times ahead, and embrace every sunrise.
Of course I love all things IPA, and the juicier the better…so off we go.
Blazing Bright IPA pours a “bright” golden color with a slightly hazy appearance.  The aromas lead with tropical fruit and mango and finish with apricot (this is a good thing).  I always drink with my nose before my mouth, so the apricot-heavy aroma was right up my alley.  The flavors of this beer are definitely juicy and fruit-forward and the pineapple and apricot definitely push to the front of your taste buds.  The beer uses Cascade and Nugget hops and the bitter flavors of these two definitely stay with you in a resinous way.  The dry-hopping with Cascade, Calypso and Azacca also adds in some dry grapefruit notes late in the sip.  The beer hits 6.5%-AbV and a not-so-surprising 50 IBU.  The overall balance is really well done and the prominent hop-forward juice-forward balance is very good.  Overall the word “bright” really fits well in the beer name and I’d only add the word “apricot” into the name if it were my beer.  I’d also add that in terms of memorable beers coming from Pyramid, this one is right up there with Snow Cap.
A big thank you to Pyramid Brewing for sending along their 2019 Snow Cap.  This beer resonates in a very positive way with me from my early craft beer days and even to this day it remains one of my favorites.  For 2019, I shared it blindly with friends and they all could not believe how well it stands up in today’s beer climate.  Snow Cap is and remains one of my favorites.
Blazing Bright IPA is available now in 12oz canned six-packs so get out there and try it for yourself.  And when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).