mybeerbuzz The App - UPDATE

mybeerbuzz - The App - UPDATE

If you’ve followed along for the last few years, you’re well aware of the mybeerbuzz apps on the google play store.  I am a free beer news site, so development of a paid app has never made sense. 

We did release the mybeerbuzz original app using a “free” app development platform that quickly became not-so-free after we hit 100 downloads.  They immediately demanded $300 to unlock additional downloads so I decided to try again.

The second mybeerbuzz app was released last year using a 2nd “free” app development platform, and while they remain free, they unfortunately also do not update their software to be compliant with google play’s new privacy requirements.  This app is currently not available.

Moving forward I have decided to focus my efforts on ensuring that mybeerbuzz.com itself is mobile compatible rather than trying again to develop an app for free.  This seems to be a more reasonable route to follow and while I have not ruled out another app, my stats tell me that most of my audience is not using the apps anyway.  The original app is still available and stay tuned for updates in the future.

PS If you are an app developer and have any interest in developing a free mybeerbuzz app, please let me know.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).