Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds (Review)


I begin many of my earbud reviews with the same statement: I run or workout in the gym 6-days a week, so I practically live in my earbuds…and as such, I’m a bit fussy where my music is concerned. Today I’ll be test-driving another exciting set of earbuds and I think you’ll agree with me when I say that these may be my new favorites.

I’m talking about the iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds with active noise cancellation and stay tuned as I take them for a run (or two). First off, lets start with the iLive earbud details courtesy of iLive Electronics:

  • Block out all the distractions and listen to your favorite music or podcasts via Bluetooth with superior sound from these Truly Wireless Earbuds. Experience active noise cancellation, quiet the background noise and drift away into musical bliss. When you want to be connected to the ones around you, turn on transparency mode and stay engaged. The sweatproof design and on-ear controls make these earbuds the perfect companion for a workout. And with 20 minute quick charge, these earbuds will be ready to go again after you cool down.
    • Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) blocks out unwanted background noise
    • TWS - True Wireless Stereo
    • Supports Bluetooth v5.3

    • Works with Siri and Google voice assistants

    • Built-in microphone

    • Rechargeable case provides back up battery power when you need it

    • Voice prompt On/Off

    • Sweatproof design - safe to wear during heavy exercising

    • 13mm neodymium drivers deliver solid volume, crisp tone, and pulsing beats in full force

    • Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz giving you everything from rumbling bass to stunning treble

    • Nominal impedance: 32ohms

    • Sensitivity: 103dB+/-3dB at 1kHz pumps up the volume without distortion

    • Easy pair / auto pairing – your earbuds are paired together right out of the box

    • Both earbuds work during phone calls

    • USB-C port for battery recharge

    • On-ear touch controls: power/play/pause/phone answering/end/reject calls

    • On-ear touch controls: volume/skip/Siri-Google Assistant activation/Normal/ANC on/transparent mode

    • Quick 20-minute charge gives up to 1.5 hours playtime

    • Charging case capacity supports 1 full charge of the earbuds

    • Wireless range: 60 feet keeps your devices connected even as you roam

    • R/L channel range: 26 feet

    • Battery power indicator

    • DC battery power: built-in rechargeable lithium ion batteries

    • Charge time for earbuds in case: 2 hours

    • Charge time for case: 2 hours

    • DIM: 8.5 x 8.375 x 7.375

    INCLUDES:

    • Charging case
    • 3 sets of eartips: 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large
    • USB-C to USB cable
    • 90-Day Limited Warranty
    • User's guide

Naturally I can’t wait to try them out, so off we go…


Let’s start with the basics. The iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds include a convenient charging case, and my earbuds easily charged with the included USB cable. I’m not sure what the base charge was when they arrived (the battery power indicator did indicate an almost full charge to start), but I let the new earbuds charge for a few hours to be sure they were fully charged  (iLive claims a 2-hour charging time which was accurate for me as well as a quick 20-minute charge option). I used mine for roughly six workouts (about 6+ hours without charging them) and they were still going strong. iLive claims 7.5-hours of run time at 50% volume and 7-hours on 100% volume, and based on my experience this is pretty accurate. Even while testing the earbuds, I easily had 7+ hours of usable battery…and keep in mind the case charges your earbuds as well even without the case itself being plugged in.

The iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds have Bluetooth v5.3 and they easily paired with both of my Bluetooth-capable MP3players. They also feature 13mm neodymium drivers and a frequency response of 20Hz – 20 kHz so the sounds was quite simply amazing. The base was big and booming, and the treble bright and clean with no distortion, even at higher volume. This extended to phone calls where the sound was not only solid, but they also had the phone volume in both ears, a feature I don’t think any of my other earbuds can do.

The iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds include small, medium and large ear tips so while the standard tips worked well for me, there is some ability to find a better fit if your ears are a bit larger or smaller. I should also mention that even on a long run, the iLive earbuds stayed in my ears and never bounced out. The earbuds are comfortable and even feature a sweatproof design for exercise sessions.

From a technology standpoint, the iLive earbuds work with SIri and Google voice with a voice prompt setup (that can be turned off). If you’d rather not be speaking commands in public, the iLive earbuds have on-ear touch controls to adjust the volume, skip a song, activate Siri and transparency mode control. I liked the manual controls better, especially since I don’t have Siri or Google Voice devices.

Finally I should mention my favorite feature…noise cancellation. Quite honestly, I was surprised at just how well the iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds noise cancellation features work, in fact they are as good or better than my over-the-ear Microsoft noise-cancelling headphones. This feature allowed me to both tune out everything around me and focus on my music and my workout, or better yet, if I’m running in vehicle traffic or someone starts talking to me, I can easily switch to Transparent Mode. This mode allowed me to hear the cars and people around me without struggling to remove my earbuds or pause my music. This made my runs safer and my workouts more focused.

Overall the iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds have become my go-to running earbuds. With their great sound, solid battery life, easy charging, quick charging, great comfort, sweat resistance and noise cancellation, these earbuds actually make it fun, safe and convenient to listen to music while you workout. Be sure to check out the iLive Truly Wireless Earbuds for yourself, and when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU thinkzzubreebym

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).