Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Deschutes Brewery Da Shootz! (Review)

When I first started drinking and enjoying craft beer, I found myself in Spokane, WA looking down a restaurant beer-list at names I didn’t recognize from my east-coast beginnings.  While I had tasted quite a few beers from the west coast and even Alaska, I simply hadn’t experience beers from the Pacific Northwest.  After chatting up the bartender, I settled in on Mirror Pond from Deschutes, and while I did my best to sample other beers not available on the east coast, my choice kept leaning toward Mirror Pond.  It is still to this day one of my favorite PNW pale ales, so I was excited to get a chance to sample something new from Deschutes Brewery in Bend, OR.

If you could have seen just how many times I mispronounced the brewery name and how many times the bartender politely corrected me until I finally got it right (maybe).  If ONLY they had been brewing today’s beer back then.

Today we’re sampling Deschutes Brewery Da Shootz!…and yes that’s the name.  We brought you an early peek at this one and I had a feeling we’d see distribution.  Da Shootz! is a sessionable pilsner-style lager and as Deschutes puts it, “the beer was brewed to keep palates happy and wits sharp.”
The beer pours a bright and clear golden color with a pleasant malty aroma and some slightly floral hops.  The body is light and the flavors have a bit of toasted malt up front and a nice well-balanced light citrus hop finish thanks in part to the Lemondrop and Azacca hops on board.  After a few sips the beer rounds out nicely and we really enjoyed how drinkable and pleasant this beer is.  Da Shootz! uses Synergy Select Pilsen malts and they really contribute to the overall taste and feel of the beer.  Look for this sessionable lager to hit 4%-AbV, 25 IBU, 5.5 carbs and only 99 calories per 12oz serving.

I think Deschutes have hit on a winner here and I suspect this beer will fit in well in the session-beer / reduced-calorie craft segment that I see growing every day.  Overall we liked the balance and easy-drinking character of Da Shootz and I think you will too.  Be sure to try Deschutes Da Shootz! for yourself, and when you do, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).