WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 22 Nov 2013 - Deschutes Mirror Pond, Black Butte & Jubilale w/Ben Kehs (Video)

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

30 comments (click to read or post):

  1. We hit the jackpot four different ways on the Friday Beer Buzz today!

    1) Deschutes is now in PA,
    2), 3), and 4) we sampled three of their beers!

    Ben Kehs, brewmaster, joined us and we told him about the Brew Dogs on our show a few weeks back saying he was the only collaborator who they enjoyed working with, 'the rest were nasty!' lol

    Anyway, thank Ben, great beer! Thanks always to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com, and thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you guys not only had Deschutes on the show but with their brewmaster! I just watched that BrewDog episode and I can't believe he's on WILK. I will drink to that.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about Deschutes until the show today but after some googling today I'm amazing. I'll be in Philly in 2 weeks so I'll be on the lookout. Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a bottle of Abyss on-line for about $29 and I loved it. I've been trying to trade for it ever since. Nice show. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. $29 is too much but its a great beer. I had one in Cali at a bar for $11. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell Yea! Deschutes on WILK with the brewmaster. Nice catch radio gods! Karry Denns

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a Mirror Pond during Philly Beer week and fell in love. I'm really excited to hear Ben Kehs on your show and more excited to hear we may get Deschutes in NEPA next year. Cheers



    Kev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have to drive to Philly. Thanks buzzers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just traded for some Jubilale so it was fun to hear it on the show today. I'll let you know how I like it. Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This brewery is new to me but based on everyone's reaction I want some. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great news. I didn't realize Deschutes had started to bring their beer to PA. Thanks for the heads-up. Darren K

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched the Brew Dogs episode with Ben. It looked like a lot of fun brewing with him. I'll tune into the video too. T

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew nothing of Deschutes until this morning. TY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a cousin that sends me the Abyss every year. I age about 3 bottles of each year so I have a lot of it. Good job on Deschutes today.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had Mirror Pond on draft and you weren't exagerating at all. It's really good. Ed

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hit one of the Deschutes events in Philly and I think their beer will be a great addition in PA. I to am hoping we start to see Mirror Pond on draft at our local bars. Keep up the fun!



    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  17. more great beer in PA for me to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never had Jubilale either. I want to try it when we get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I lived in Portland I had Black Butte all the time. That beer is also pretty amazing on draft. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  20. and of course the bottles are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I visited the Bend, OR area and Deschutes is everywhere. The Abyss is outstanding and Mirror Pond is excellent. Nice Show. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  22. I finally heard you guys live. Great show too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like hoppy Pale Ales so the Mirror Pond and the Red Chair Ben mentioned both sound like a beer I will want to try. Can't wait for the NEPA release. Jed

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great show. You have to share your beer with the audience :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Mirror Pond! I was really surprised to hear Deschutes on WILK today. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really love the video and as always the closing credits are too funny. I smell Webster in them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't realize you have a Disco Ball in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had Jubilale at a party last xmas and it's a really interesting beer. I've tried to find it but so far I haven't had much luck in 2013. I live in NC. J

    ReplyDelete
  29. I didn't know about Deschutes Green Monster. I love sour beers so I'll be looking for it.


    HanK

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).