WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 18 Jan 2013 Marley’s Pack Dog Peanut Butter Ale w/Mark Braunwarth

WILKFridayBerbuzz15The Friday BeerBuzz team took a few weeks to recover from the holidays, and we’ve enjoyed some really good beers; but with the new year upon us, it was time to bring back a local guest and sample some local beer.

We’ve followed along as rumors turned to reality and Marley’s Brewpub opened it’s doors in Bloomsburg, PA, and in Feb 2012 we welcomed their brewmaster Mark Braunwarth into the studio to sample some great beers.  Mark featured his Tire Chaser IPA and we all had a great time talking and sampling with Mark.

Jump forward to 2013 and a lot is going on at Marley’s.  The brewpub has bumped up to 10 taps and the food menu has grown.  Marley’s has seen an increase in traffic and they have grown to be one of the premier pubs in Bloomsburg.  Of course it helps that their variety, quantity and quality of beer has grown too, so today was a perfect day to check back in with Mark & sample some of his new brews.
image
Mark was nice enough to being in his new Pack Dog Peanut Butter Ale today, and before you start thinking that peanut butter and beer don’t belong in the same sentence together, try this beer.  Don’t let the ingredients fool you.  This is a beer loaded with flavor and complexity and yes the peanut butter is there.  I’ve always liked how Thai food mixes peanuts and spiced food, and while this beer isn’t spicy, the blend and balance of bitter to peanut butter is spot on.

Mark also brought in what is perhaps one of my all-time favorite Marley’s beers…Dirty Dog Dubbel w/Sour Cherries.  If you love beers that use Belgian yeast then this beer is a classic Dubbel.  If you love a tart or sour beers, then this beer is for you.  Dirty Dog Dubbel has 60-pounds of sour cherries in each batch and the flavor shines through the sweetness of the Belgian-style dubbel.  This is a wonderful beer, and one I hope becomes a regular at Marley’s.

Be sure to take a ride down the road to 18 W Main St in Bloomsburg and check out these beers for yourself…and while you’re there, be sure to sample some of Mark’s others brews as well.

T

hank you to Mark Braunwarth from Marley’s, Nancy, John & Joe for yet another

fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together. As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

25 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Marley's 2nd anniversary is coming up and I've only been there once (loved it!) but with our visit from brewmaster Mark Braunwarth today, there is plenty of new motivation to get back there soon!

    Can't say I've ever had a peanut butter ale so the Pack Dog was something new and different and tasty! Enjoyed the Dirty Dog Dubbel and the Choke Collar Trippel too!

    Thanks for joining us today Mark! Thanks too to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com. Thank you to Karel Zubris for her videographic talents!

    And thanks to you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. I'll be heading down to Marley's tonight too. Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one mentioned it today, but the food at Marley's is really good. I love their appetizers especially. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marley's has made downtown Bloom a destination for my friends. The beer that Mark makes are some of my favorites and the food speaks for itself. We heard the show today and we'll definitely stop into Marley's tonight and say hi.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good Jenn. We're looking forward to visiting tonight. Do stop and say hi...I'm sure we'll be at the bar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you do it Bill, but you totally talked me into wanting to try a peanut butter beer. My friends want to come down tonight so we may see you there. I'll be the one drinking the Peanut Butter Ale! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good Kris...and I'll be drinking it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We live about 30 mins away but we'll be up there tonight. See you there. Jared & Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Double IPA they did and my wife always drinks the wheat beer at Marleys. I think there will be a party forming at Markey's tonight. Maybe we're in! Jason P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get the waffle fries & Kolsch!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great show again today. I didn't think Mrs beerbuzz was imaginary. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK I'll stop down tonight too. I've wanted to meet Bill so Marley's sounds like fun. Is it OK to say Hi to you and Mrs Beer buzz? Eric

    ReplyDelete
  13. You bet Eric. We're almost always at the bar so please do stop and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi guys. I usually do not like anything sour, but the cherry beer you described sounded good. Was it really sour? Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kat...the Dubbel w/sour cherries was not heavily sour, in fact I'd call it tart or mildly tart. It is a really good beer and I suspect I'll be enjoying mostly that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My friends and I would love to meet up with you guys for happy hour is that's ok?

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kat...the more the merrier. We'll be at the bar with a few friends so please do say hi....and be sure to try the Dubbel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We go to Marley's every weekend so tonight isn't out of the question for us either. Jesse L

    ReplyDelete
  19. Peanut Butter!???!

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Try it JT. It works. I've always been a fan of peanuts in food..especially things like spicy Thai noodles, but this is a dry peanut butter and it really does work well. Try it.!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll try it.
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Try the Dubbel and Tripel too JT

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like Marley's food and I didn't like good beer until I tried one or two one night. Now I love Mark's beers and we go there all the time. Glad to hear Mark on the radio too. Cheers. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marleys is under rated for beer. I like their Wit. Dan

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm watching the video now. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).