Magic Hat - HICU Cucumber Hibiscus Ale

image
Here’s a surprising new brew from Magic Hat called HICU Cucumber Hibiscus Ale.  HICU will be packaged in 12oz bottles and come in at 4.6% ABV.  This beer is part of Magic Hats’ Haiku contest and as the neck label says, create a Haiku inspired by this HiCu…and the QR code will ultimately take you to a page to enter the Haiku contest.  Stay tuned for release details.
image

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

14 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Probably the most disgusting thing I have ever had! Boo Magic Hat. You were my favorite craft brew until this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...maybe it's OK to not love every beer they make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself and 3 others agreed HICU is a refreshing unique taste that only gets better after the first sip. I would say it is not for everyone but feel they hit the mark dead on and hope to see it sold separately from variety packs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love this beer - especially on a hot day - it is very refreshing! I'm 1/2 German - so maybe I like any beer. Nay... I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I agree. Horrific is an understatement. Makes one think of drinking body lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinda has the aftertaste of flower

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is by far the worst beer ever made. It has the aftertaste of lotion. The test group for magic hat must be UVM students on acid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm amazed to find a terrible beer that isn't an IPA. Thank you, Magic Hat. Mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I think it's cool, refreshing and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Five of us who tried this agree that it tastes like cucumber shampoo. Not pleasant at all. Sure to become one of those products referenced as a complete failure in marketing class. What?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this beer! Very surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't love it. but it was good. going to try it again.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just tried one yesterday (love Magic Hat beers) I was ready to rinse my mouth out with dirt to get rid of the taste. Think I'll stick with the others in that variety pack

    ReplyDelete
  14. After drinking this beer, I am left with mixed feelings. It is quite crisp and refreshing, but I can totally see how someone would not like it. While drinking it, I actually thought it was rather pleasant. It definitely hits you with some cucumber flavors, which I didn't have a problem with at all. But, there is some kind of flower and 'perfume-ish' flavor. I thought the comment about tasting like cucumber shampoo was kind of funny, but I didn't entirely agree. However, now that my glass is empty it does taste like I've eaten some Finesse shampoo. For this brew, I'm going to say close, but no cigar. Initially good, but the aftertaste is slightly unpleasant. On the bright side, my mouth does feel clean.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).