Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Muck Boot Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Muck Boot Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain (Review)

Winter has rolled into the northeast and that can only mean one thing….cold feet! Pretty much from now until the end of March, I’ll be spending a lot of time shoveling snow and navigating muddy conditions, and nothing is more important in these conditions than good boots.

Today I’m happy to say that I have a great recommendation for a really good boot that you will love as much as I do. You know already that I’m picky with my footwear, but I’m happy to say I found another winning pair of boots.

Coming to us from Muck Boots, today I’ll be test-driving the Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain 16-inch boots. These boots are not only built for the cold, but also what Muck Boots calls “high endurance cool and cold weather pursuits.” Here are just a few of the highlights of these boots:

  • 100% Waterproof
  • 5mm Neoprene Bootie for Comfort and Performance
  • Pull Tab Provides Easy On/Off
  • Thermo Regulating (TR) Fleece, a revolutionary open-fiber technology that wicks away moisture 33% better than a standard synthetic fleece to maintain a comfortable temperature range
  • Dual Density Footbed with Memory Foam for Long Lasting Comfort
  • bioDEWIX™Dry Footbed Insert Topcover with NZYM™ for Odor Control and Moisture Management
  • Lightweight EVA Midsole for All Day Comfort and Support
  • Combining Vibram®’s All-New Arctic Grip All Terrain with XS Trek Evo and their New Traction Lug Technology for Added Durability and Grip on Wet and Dry Surfaces, Improving Traction by up to 25%
  • Approx. shaft height: 16 in.
  • Approx. calf circumference: 15.5 in.
  • Comfort Range: -40°F to 40°F / -40°C to 4°C

Naturally I can’t wait to try them out, and luckily for me, Mother Nature has delivered the perfect test-drive weather with 6-inches of snow followed by warmer temps, rain, slush and mud…so off we go.

imageFirst off lets talk comfort. These boots are extremely comfortable right out of the box, and the Thermal Regulating Fleece lining made them really soft and comfortable inside. The pull tab makes the boots easy to pull on even with cold hands and this TR fleece also made the boots feel really warm on my feet and lower legs. With temperatures in the teens and lots of snow on the ground, my feet remained warm…and more importantly, after shoveling snow for over an hour, my feet remained dry, both from the wet snow on the outside and my sweat on the inside. This is also due to the TR fleece wicking away the moisture while still insulating your feet. I should also mention that the fleece lining also makes the boots comfortable to walk long distances in; since there is no chaffing of your shins and calves on the boot liner.

A day later, as the snow melted, I dipped the Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain into a puddle that completely covered the bottom 8-inches of the boot, and even holding my foot under water for 30-seconds, once again my feet remained dry and warm. On slippery surfaces the Vibram sole was both grippy and really durable, and this held true for snowy surfaces, wet surfaces and muddy surfaces.

The Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain boots were sized accurately and the Size 11 fit nicely on my size 10.5 feet leaving room for heavier socks. Mine were brown and as you can see by the photos, they’ll look great on the job site, on the farm or even out in the Muddy gardens in the back yard. Based on my first week or so of heavy use, the Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain boots seem like they are really durable and I’d have no reservations saying they will likely last a long time.

From a measurement standpoint, these boots are .85 pounds (for US Men’s size 10), the calf circumference is 15.5-inches, the overall height is 16-inches and the heel height is 1-inch.

The Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain is a really great boot. It is warm on the coldest days, dry on the wettest days and comfortable every day. I’m actually looking forward to muddy spring gardening season and more wet winter walks in the snow. Overall there are a lot of features to like in these boots and I can confidently say that you will love them like I love them.

Be sure to try out the Apex Pro Vibram Arctic Grip All-Terrain boots for yourself, and when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU thinkzzubreebym

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).