WILK Friday BeerBuzz–3 June 2011 (Victory Brewing Summer Love)

WILKFridayBerbuzz15Back in March we teamed up with Brian Whetstone from Victory Brewing to bring you the NEPA premier of Victory Headwaters Pale Ale…and we even invited you all to come out to Krugel’s Georgetown Deli & Beer to sample it with us.  Later that night we worked with Brian to schedule another great event to premier another great Victory Brewing beer AND let you come out tonight and sample it again….and TODAY is the DAY!

imageToday Brian Whetstone was nice enough to join us in the studio to to launch the new Victory Summer Love golden Ale.  I wrote abut this beer back in April when the label was released and I’ve been excited to try it ever since.

Summer Love is not only a great 5.2% ABV golden ale, but also part of a joint venture between the Philly Tourism bureau and Victory Brewing to promote the “With Love Philadelphia XOXO” campaign.  Summer Love is also a feature beer for this week’s Philly Beer Week.

Summer Love is a lighter easy drinking summer beer with a great hop note up front, and just enough body to make it drinkable and satisfying….and speaking of drinkable….Come on out tonight (June 3rd from 5-7PM) to Krugel’s Georgetown Deli & Beer to sample Victory Summer Love yourself.  I’ll be on hand with Brian Whetstone to hand out samples and talk beer so mark your calendars and come on out!

Thanks

to  Brian (and everyone @ Victory Brewing), John, Nancy, Joe & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

39 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Great show guys (and Nancy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this beer. See you tonight.
    Ryan W

    PS Thatcher's Bum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Brian for being on the show and thank you to Victory for a great summertime beer! Hope everyone will join us at Krugel's tonight to try it!

    And of course, thank you Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for another great show!

    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys

    Am I correct that Summer Love isn't a light beer?

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct Marty. Summer Love may be light in color but it has very drinkable body and 5.2% ABV...it starts out nicely with some Simcoe hops up front and finishes with tetnang hop for s clean dry easy drinking finish. It's lighter than a Pale Ale or IPA but far from Lite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Victory beers. Thanks to Brian for helping to promote them in our area. I wasn;t even aware of Headwaters Ale until I saw it on your show. We came out back in Feb to try it and now we buy it all the time. I guess this means I should come out tonight and try Summer Love?

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob...yes come out tonight and try Summer Love. I think like me you'll become and instant fan of this beer. It's perfect for summer and works great even as the seasons change....see you tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  9. See you guys tonight.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been planning Philly Beer week now for several months and looking forward to trying Summer Love. I'm really excite dthat I can come out to Krugels tonight and try it early. This is a great thing Victory is doing in NEPA. All too often we're the 3rd class citizens behind Allentown, but I think not only has WILK brought us more exposure to craft beer, but they've created a great forum for breweries like Victory to participate in.

    Thank you WILK & Brian
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks AJ. I'll do anything I can to promote craft beer in NEPA and I really like to see that Brian Whetstone and Victory Brewing are committed to helping me make that happen. We'll have to buy Brian a beer tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Victory keeps rolling out some great brews. They have such a great core brand that I'd really like to see them do more beers like this. Thanks Brian.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys start off the weekend just right!

    Arny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice show. I love Hop Devil and I love it even more now that I hear Victory on WILK.

    Dave T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great show buzzers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you to Victory. We love your beer and new you're on our local beer show. This is good for everyone.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. I drove to Philly to try this beer and it's amazing. I'll be at Georgetown tonight to try more :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not sure how you do it, but you always manage to get me excited to try the beer you feature. Of course I'll stop down today and say hi to Brian and Bill and get a beer too.

    Cheers,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
  19. For anyone that has missed any of the parties WILK has done at Georgetown Deli, get your butt down there. Lost of great beers to check out a great sampling and the friday beer buzz team is always fun to talk to. On our last visit we even won a great prize. See you there.

    Rodger (dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with what Rodger says....LOTS of great beers to choose from, a free sampling of Victory Summer Love to anyone over 21, fantastic food and great beers on tap to drink to take out in growlers....and Yes John & I will be there to "help" Brian hand out samples.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I met Brian last time for Headwaters Pale. He's a great guy and a great prepresentative for Victory! Cheers and thanks again Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You guys keep doing it! Another new beer and another chance for us to try it. I won the PSU prize pack at the last event so thank you.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Chris. This is a great beer to come on out and try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK you win. I'm excited to get out and try this one. Happy Anniversary to The Joe Thomas.

    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  25. All you need is Love! I like the musical choice and it's perfect for the beer. All I need is one now.

    Cait

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Cait...I have to credit Brian for the musical choice today. The Magical Mystery Tour is perfect for Philly Beer Week and All you Need is Love is perfect for Summer Love Ale.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Attention Brian. I love Beerfinder!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't forget to tell people to go visit the Victory brew pub in Downingtown,PA. It's a fun beer destination and the fod is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just watched the show video. You all have too much fun doing this show. See you tonight.

    May

    ReplyDelete
  30. I live for Golden Monkey. I can only imagine how good Summer Love is. Nice music and very funny show too. Weekend here I come. Michael

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks everyone. Be sure to stop by and say hello tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jimmy wants a Victory.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Another great beer buzz premier beer. I'll be there tonight.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  34. You guys by far are my primary sounrce of all things beer in NEPA. I know a lot about beer and you keep hitting me with great new beers to try. Of course I'll be out tonight to sample Summer Love. I cannot wait to try it. Thanks also to Victory for supporting our beer culture and our favorite beer show.

    Cheers!
    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  35. You guys are a wealth of beer knowledge, but you make it fun too. Thanks buzz crew.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beer is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'll be out tonight to support you guys and my favorite brewery: Victory

    I love Storm King & Golden Monkey.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fun show and a beer I really want to try. See you at the big cow.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks everyone. Beer is and should always be fun...so be sure to join us for some "fun" tonight at Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer to sample Victory Summer Love. This is not only a great beer, but I'll predict that you'll want to take some home too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).