Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The XTRATUF Homer Slippers (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The XTRATUF Homer Slippers (Review)

By now, you’ve probably read my footwear reviews before so you know already that I’m really fussy when it comes to shoes, especially when they’re for running or hiking. What you may not know, is I also spend a lot of time recovering from hiking and running, or what I like to call, crashing on the couch. This makes house shoes really important to me, so today I’m excited to get a chance to test-drive some shoes I know you’ll love.

You’re probably already read many of my Xtratuf shoe reviews, but just in case you haven’t, be sure to check them out here. By now you’ve probably already guessed that I’m test-driving a new Xtratuf shoe, and if you did, you’d be correct.

Today I’ll be reviewing the Xtratuf Homer II, a new slip-on that is perfect for wandering around the house or even running out for the mail. The Homer is water-resistant, it has a nylon upper, and a full faux-shearling lining to keep your toes cozy. The shoes also feature a molded EVA insole and a non-marking Chevron outsole. Of course I can’t wait to try them so off we go…Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The EXTRATUF Homer Slippers (Review)I always start my shoe reviews with comfort and convenience. As you can see, the Homer simply looks comfortable, and that look is accurate. The shoes are cushiony soft when you put them on and as soon as you get over how comfy they are, you immediately notice how warm and cozy they are too. The faux-shearline lining is not only soft, but also really warm. We keep our house cold in winter and the coldest zone is down near the floor. The Homer kept my feet really warm without being too hot and they also remained breathable even when the house was warm.

The Homer shoes are slip-ons which for me is ideal around the house. This makes the shoes convenient to put on and take off and ideal for home use since you can put them on without having to tie or untie laces. I should also mention that they were great for recovering from a long run since they were easy to put on and cushy to wear even if your feet were up on a foot-stool.

Up next I was happy to see the shoes feature a Chevron non-marking outsole. This kept our lighter-colored flooring safe from marks while still making them grippy on our floors. The outsole was grippy and ideal for preventing falls inside and outside the house and while I didn’t get a chance to try them in snow, they were great in the rain when I ran out to get the mail….and speaking of rain, the Homer slip-ons are also water-resistant, which worked great any time I had to pop outside in wet weather.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The EXTRATUF Homer Slippers (Review)

Finally the Homer shoes just look good. If you’re picturing a clumsy bedroom slipper that you’d never wear out of the house or in public, you’d be wrong. The Homer looks great with fashionable colors and surfaces and even a pair that looks like a gray slip-on sneaker.

Overall I’d sat the XTRATUF Homer really checked a lot of boxes. If you’re looking for a slipper to wear around the house, CHECK. If you’re looking for a shoe that is fashionable and durable enough to run out for the mail or run down to the grocery store, CHECK. The Homer shoes are comfortable, warm, slip-resistant, durable, fashionable and just really convenient to wear.

Be sure to check out the XTRATUF Homer for yourself, and when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU thinkzzubreebym

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).