Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force IPA (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force IPA (Reviews)

Back in my early beer days, I used to regularly fly through the Denver Airport, and I almost always “coincidentally” ended up with long layovers. I’m sure it wasn’t intentional, but for many years I’d have hours to kill just steps away from the former New Belgium airport taproom.  Of course I spent my time sampling beers I couldn’t get in PA, and of course New Belgium continues to be a favorite of mine.

Jump forward a few decades and New Belgium Brewing is not only available in PA, but all over the country and of course it’s in my ‘fridge all the time. Today we’re getting an early taste of another new Voodoo Ranger release that on paper, sounds like it will become another NB favorite.

Today we’re sampling a beer that had a few potential names, but in the end, New Belgium Landed on Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force IPA. This fruit punch IPA is actually a big imperial IPA that hits 9.5%-AbV and of course I can’t wait to try it…so off we go.New Belgium Working On Voodoo Ranger Punch Force / Fruit Force

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force

ABV:  9.5%
IBU:  20
Style:  Imperial IPA
Packaging:  16oz cans
Appearance:  Hazy bright gold
Aroma:  Tropical fruit & bright citrus
Mouthfeel:  Medium
Taste:   Fruit, fruit and more fruit…citrus, mango & cherry
Overall:  If you remember and loved the classic fruit drink Hawaiian Punch, then you’ll love this beer. The combination of fruit flavors dominates each sip and it is a classic fruit punch flavor with few individual fruit flavors discernable. Overall the beer is really drinkable and the 9.5%-AbV is really sneaky with all of the fruit-forward flavors in play…and yes I liked it a lot.

New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Fruit Force fruit punch IPA is available now in 19.2oz cans so get out there and try it for yourself. I have a feeling this beer may divide the “I loved Hawaiian Punch” crowd and the “It’s too sweet” crowd so I’ll be excited to hear comments….so when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.   zzubreebym

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).