Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Shiner TexHex Twin Dream Double IPA (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Shiner TexHex Twin Dream Double IPA (Review)

I’ve always enjoyed many of the beers coming from Shiner / Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, TX…and I knew when we had Jimmy Mauric appear on my craft beer radio show just why I loved his beer so much. Jimmy was not only a great guest on the show, but his love of brewing and his knowledge of beer transcended the beers themselves and made me a lifelong Shiner fan.

Over the years I’ve enjoyed more than a few beers from Shiner and with the help of our pal Jaime Jurado, I was able to taste quite a few rare and unusual Shiner beers as well.  Jump forward a few years and today I’m excited to open a care package from Shiner that just arrived at mybeerbuzz headquarters.

Back in Feb 2022 I brought you a peek at an exciting new IPA coming from Shiner called TexHex Twin Dream DIPA and Shiner followed up just a few weeks ago with some details:

Shiner’s highest octane release yet, this double IPA balances immense hops and malt for a full-bodied flavor. Uniquely brewed using cactus water and a blend of American hops (Idaho 7 and Citra hops), Twin Dream (9.5% ABV / 80 IBU), evokes bold flavors of citrus and pine.  zzubreebym

Twin Dream (9.5% ABV / 80 IBU) Shiner’s highest octane release yet, this double IPA balances immense hops and malt for a full-bodied flavor. Uniquely brewed using cactus water and a blend of American hops (Idaho 7 and Citra hops), Twin Dream evokes bold flavors of citrus and pine.

Of course I’m excited to sample this new double IPA…so off we go.

Shiner Adding Tex Hex Twin Dream DIPA

Shiner TexHex Twin Dream DIPA

ABV:  9.5%
IBU:  80
Style:  New England IPA
Packaging:  12oz cans
Appearance:  Deep golden orange
Aroma:   Citrus, Mango and earthy resinous hops 
Mouthfeel:   Robust
Taste:   Juicy citrus, sticky resinous pine hops & orange peel
Overall:  TexHex Twin Dream is Shiner’s “highest octane release yet” but the drinkability may actually fool you. I’m not sure I picked up on the cactus water on-board, but I definitely picked up on the hops. With citrusy Citra leading the way and Idaho 7 bringing up the resinous earthy flavors, Twin Dream has great balance and complexity. Overall this is one of my favorite Shiner offerings and I can’t wait to enjoy another one.

TexHex Twin Dream is available now in 12oz cans with larger cans (16oz, 19.2oz and 24oz) already approved for labeling. This double IPA has some of my favorite hop flavors in a blend that is what I would call really drinkable and just a bit sneaky (@ 9.5%-AbV). Get out there and try Twin Dream for yourself, and when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).