Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Happy Pack & Juicy Pineapple

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Happy Pack & Juicy PineappleI’m a big fan of German Hefeweizen wheat beers, and while I love the classic Hefeweizens, I really enjoy the fruit-infused variants as well…and even though I was likely a bit too young to sample some of the first beers brewed by Schöfferhofer founder Peter Schöffer in 1425, I’m excited to say that almost 600-years later, the Schöfferhofer brewery is alive and well and I’m lucky enough to get to try out five of their beers.

Today I’ll be sampling my way through an exciting new variety pack called the “Happy Pack” from Schöfferhofer, and if you guessed that the pack contains four fruit-infused Hefeweizen beers, you’d be correct. This new 12-pack contains three 11.2oz-slim cans of each of the following flavors: Pomegranate, Grapefruit, Passion Fruit and Wild Cherry. If that’s not enough fun, Schöfferhofer was kind enough to send a bottle of their new Juicy Pineapple flavor which was also released in April.

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Happy Pack & Juicy Pineapple

First off I should mention that I really love these 11.2oz slim cans, and the packaging looks unique and really enticing. The size of these cans makes them perfect for the beach, the pool or any sort of outdoor (or indoor) event. Add in that these beers are all extremely sessionable at only 2.5%-AbV, and I think you’ll have to agree that these are the perfect active outdoor beverages.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen Happy Pack & Juicy Pineapple

All five of these beers start out as an unfiltered Hefeweizen and they then add pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, passion fruit flavor juice, natural cherry flavor or in the case of the Juicy Pineapple flavor, 50% pineapple juice. All of these flavors have the mouthfeel and drinkability of a classic Hefeweizen, and the fruit juices come in at the end to balance it out nicely. The fruit flavors feel fresh and bright and I can’t stress enough just how light, enjoyable and drinkable these beers are.

Each variety has the juice flavor you’d expect and I particularly liked the new flavors of Juicy Pineapple (sticky sweet and tart)  and Wild Cherry (crisp, sweet and refreshing) as well as the returning favorites Grapefruit (citrusy, tangy and balanced), Passion Fruit (tropical, citrusy and clean) and Pomegranate (fresh, crisp and slightly sweet).image

I should also mention just how enticing the colors of these beers are so be sure to pour them in a glass to see for yourself. My eyes and nose started enjoying these beers even before I took a sip.

Overall I’d say that Schöfferhofer has created the perfect beach variety pack and a group of beers that I know will find their way into my cooler over and over again.

The Schöfferhofer Happy Pack and Juicy Pineapple Hefeweizens are available now so get out there and try them for yourself. And when you do try them. be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).