Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea & PDX Community Cider (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea & PDX Community Cider (Review)

I’ve had the opportunity to sample some really flavorful and unique ciders from Portland Cider, and today I’m excited to get a chance to try some more of their offerings. Needless to say, I really enjoy the fruit combinations and flavors they come up with, and as we head into late fall, I think I have a few flavors you’ll really enjoy.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea & PDX Community Cider (Review)   

Up first is Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea. This imperial cider uses Washington peaches, Assam black tea from Steven Smith Teamaker and of course Northwest-grown apples. If you’ve followed my previous posts, you know I love peach, so I knew going in that this cider would become a favorite. I should also mention up front that this is no ordinary cider. As an imperial cider, this imperial cider hits a big 9.5%-AbV. You’ll also be surprised to know that the overall combination really hides the 9.5%-AbV really well. The peach flavors are juicy and bold and the apples and tea make it lean just a bit on the semi-dry side. The mouthfeel is satisfying and the peach and tea combination really works well. Overall I’d say I really like this imperial cider and even at 9.5%-AbV, I found it to be enjoyable and refreshing to drink.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea & PDX Community Cider (Review)

Up next, I sampled Portland Cider PDX Community Cider. If you’re not familiar, this cider collaboration uses fruit grown around the Portland community, many times even in back yards. The cider uses apples, pears, plums and other fruit that are collected as part of Portland Cider’s Fruit Forward Drive. I should also note that 10% of the sales are donated to Hunger-Free Oregon Schools. This cider rolls in at a sessionable 5.1%-AbV and I found it really drinkable and refreshing. The combination of fruits on board moves the cider into the semi-sweet category for me and I really think the 19.2oz can is the perfect package for this cider. Overall I’d say this cider not only has a great back-story, but great flavors and drinkability as well.

Portland Cider Imperial Peach Tea and PDX Community Cider are available now in 12oz and 19.2oz cans so get out there and try them for yourself…and when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU think. And if you want to see my thoughts on Crangerine, click here.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).