Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

If you follow my social media, then you know in addition to a love of beer, I also have a significant sweet-tooth for desserts and candy. So naturally I jumped at the chance to test drive some really cool candy from the American Licorice Company.

I should mention up front that in addition to being tasty, much of the candy I’m tasting today is also non-GMO, Kosher and Vegan. This means no artificial coloring, no high-fructose corn syrup and none of the animal-based gelatin that plagues my vegetarian lifestyle. You’d be amazed at how many candies and confections that I won’t eat because of the animal-based gelatin. I’m happy to report that I can (and intend to) eat all of the candy American Licorice Company was kind enough to send.image

As if all of this isn’t enough fun, today I attended my first ever Virtual Candy Tasting with American Licorice Company  and the event was hosted by Candy Sommelier Jaleel White (yes TV’s Steve Urkel) and Kristi Shafer (Vice President of Marketing at American Licorice).Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

Jaleel lead us through sampling Red Vines licorice, in two different flavors:  Blueberry-Pomegranate and Red Vines Black licorice. My personal favorite was the black, but of course I loved the original red and the blueberry-pomegranate was unique and really enjoyable. I love licorice, but I was amazed at how much licorice trivia that I didn’t know the answers to.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

Up next we sampled the Sour Punch grouping which includes Sour Punch Sweet Bites and Sour Punch Tropical Bites (with Tajin spice included in the box.) I can say I’m not a huge sour candy fan, but these candies managed to be both extremely sour, but also sweet and yummy (especially Dream berry). I can also say that I’ve never had Tajin seasoning, and I’ll have to admit that the sour spicy combination is delectable. Each bite makes you want another bite so of course I didn’t resist.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

Up next we sampled the new Aprati hard candy group. This included the Mocati assortment pack and the Frutati hard candy assortment. The Mocati flavors included caramel macchiato, mocha mint and espresso, and the Frutati included blueberry yuzu, pineapple passionfruit and green apple mango. My favorites were the blueberry yuzu, the pineapple passionfruit and of course the caramel macchiato which reminded me of the actual coffee-shop creation.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights American Licorice Company

We completed the candy sampling with Torie & Howard Sour Chewie Fruities. These organic candy chews not only taste great, but they are gluten free, vegan-friendly, non-GMO and they have 100% of your daily allowance of Vitamin C per serving. My favorites were sour berry and sour cherry, but each of these tasty little cubes were delicious.   

A big thank you to Jaleel White as well as Kristi and everyone at American Licorice Company for a really unique, fun and flavorful event (and some cool swag). I think I’ve found my new go-to licorice and hard candy and I can’t wait to share all of these flavors with my friends and family.

You should be sure to try these candies for yourself, and as always when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).