Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Paulaner Grapefruit Radler (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Paulaner Grapefruit Radler (Review)Many years ago I sampled my very first Hefeweizen, and whenever I think about that beer style, I will always think about Paulaner. I remember the banana and clove flavors and I remember how distinctly different that beer was (in a good way) from anything else I had tasted at the time. Paulaner Hefe is still one of my favorites today, so naturally I was excited to see a care package arrive from Paulaner at mybeerbuzz headquarters today.

Anyone who has followed along with my reviews will note that if the beer name contains the words “peach”, “apricot” or “grapefruit”, I typically love it.  There is just something that speaks to my taste buds when those flavors are involved with a beer; so you know I can’t wait to open today’s beer…..Paulaner Grapefruit Radler.

Paulaner Grapefruit Radler is a blend of “50% Paulaner’s classic Münchner Lager and 50% naturally hazy, grapefruit infusion” and it will now be available in the U.S. in cool new 16.9oz canned 4-packs. The beer uses 100% natural ingredients and it will slip in at an extremely sessionable 2.5%-AbV. Grapefruit Radler hits 13 IBU and while this may sound sweet, it’s actually a nice balance of sweet and tart.

I should also mention that the new packaging looks great and of course I can’t wait to try one…so off we go.Paulaner USA Adding Grapefruit Radler To Line-UpPaulaner Grapefruit Radler

ABV:  2.5%
IBU:  13
Style:  Radler
Packaging:  16.9oz cans
Appearance:  Bright pink golden color
Aroma:   Grapefruit, citrus and light malt
Mouthfeel:   Light bodied
Taste:   A mix of ruby red grapefruit, citrus and slight lemon flavors with a subtle malt presence..
Overall:  Grapefruit Radler is a really sessionable and extremely drinkable beer. For me it threads the needle nicely between a classic lighter bodied beer and some of the new seltzer and cider flavors. At 2.5%-AbV the beer is easy drinking and the combination of flavors (especially the grapefruit) really worked well for me. I can’t wait to try one on the beach later this summer.

Paulaner Grapefruit Radler is available now in 16.9oz canned 4-packs, so get out there and try it for yourself. And when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).