Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush (Review)I’m never sure which I love more, the great tasting and unique beers or the amazing and sometimes irreverent Ralph Steadman artwork coming from today’s brewery.  Both are always amazing, but today I’m going to say it’s definitely the tasty beer.

Coming to us from Frederick, MD, of course I’m talking about Flying Dog Brewery, and of course I received a really cool sample box at mybeerbuzz headquarters today.  Before I move forward, I want to declare that I’m voting Flying Dog as “The Most Cool Sampling Promotional Box” that I' think I’ve ever received. Check out the photos and you’ll see what I mean, and of course this even extends to the packaging tape that says “Thanks For Handling My Package.”Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush (Review)

Today’s beer is part of the Brewhouse Rarities Series from Flying Dog, and while not all releases in the series make it to bottles, today’s is special enough to hit 12oz bottles.

The beer is called Orange Crush is it is inspired by the Maryland Seashore’s “most beloved beach cocktail” of the same name. The beer uses Wheat and C-20 malt as well as Citra hops and THE MOST citrus ever added to a Flying Dog beer. This includes four different citrus products and three different citrus varieties all added at different points in the brewing process.  Flying Dog even recommends combining Orange Crush (the beer) with Orange Crush (the cocktail) for a “tsunami of citrus.” Naturally I can’t wait to try it, so off we go…Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush (Review)

Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush

ABV:  8%
IBU:  10
Style:  Fruited Wheat Beer
Packaging:  12oz bottles
Appearance:  Bright golden orange color
Aroma:   Sweet oranges, tangerine and mildly tart citrus
Mouthfeel:   Medium and effervescent
Taste:   Bright citrus with a nice blend of sweet orange, tangerine and slightly tart orange peel.
Overall:  Orange Crush is really drinkable and even at 8%-AbV, might I say “crushable” summer beer.  Of course you probably can’t slam 8% beers all day on the beach, but the flavors will make you wish that you could. The balance of sweet orange, tart citrus and citrus & juice-forward Citra hops makes for a really well balanced orange and tangerine explosion. I really like this beer and I can only hope to sneak a few into my beach cooler this summer.

Flying Dog Brewhouse Rarities Orange Crush will be available soon in 12oz bottles so get out there and try it for yourself. And when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).