Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale
I’ve been enjoying craft beer from the mid 1980’s, and while the number of breweries that existed back then doesn’t compare to the thousands we see today, the few that did start in the 1980’s were all very special to me.  Every year I remember that I’d chase down a classic beer called Snowcap and anyone familiar with the name (or the beer) knows I’m talking about Pyramid.

Founded in 1984, Pyramid was literally one of the pioneers of early craft beer.  I still remember my first Pyramid Pale Ale and to this day I think it was one of the first hoppy beers that led to my current-day hoppy-obsession.

To take things full circle, today we’re sampling a returning baseball season beer called Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale…so off we go.
Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Pyramid Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale

Pyramid Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale is a blonde ale brewed with a “grandstand atmosphere” in mind.  At first I wasn’t sure what this meant, but as I sampled it (and as you follow along ) it made more sense.  The beer pours a bright summer-golden color with just a touch of aromatic hops in the nose.  The flavors follow with some toasted malt and floral hops, thanks in part to the Perle and Vanguard hops on board.  For me the beer leaned a bit toward a wheat ale, a Kolsch or even a Hefeweizen, but the finish was decidedly crisp and clean (thus the curve ball).  Overall I found Curve Ball to be really satisfying and drinkable with a thirst quenching mouthfeel.  Perfect for 9-innings with the boys of summer, and of course the baseball on the label and in the name completes the grandstand picture.  The beer definitely lives up to the curve ball name and I really enjoyed “sampling” the 22oz bottle by myself to explore the nuances of the incoming curve ball.

Pyramid Curve Ball Summer Blonde Ale is available April-July (just in time for baseball season) in 22oz & 12oz bottles; so get out there and take a swing at one for yourself.  At 5%-AbV & 18 IBU, this is a really drinkable beer that I know you’ll like, so when you do taste it, be sure to let me know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).