Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The FITS Brewski Sock - For the Beer Lover

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights FITS Brewski Sock - For the Beer LoverI’m really picky about my socks.  I’ll admit that up front because a) it’s the truth and because b) I think it will give you a better idea of how much I like the socks we’re profiling today.

I’m an avid 25+ mile/week runner and I’ve logged over 200-miles over my last two hiking vacations.  I also have significantly low-arch feet, so I’m extremely picky when it comes to socks, especially sport socks.

Today we’re test-driving the new FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” high sock.  The sock uses a blend of 66% Merino Wool, 26% Nylon, 6% Polyester and 2% Lycra Spandex.  FITS makes quite a few different sock options, but the Light Ski is over-the-calf and it falls just below your knee.  FITS describes he sock as, “the perfect hybrid ski sock. Cushioning is located in the toe box, shin and heel, ideal for the skier looking for a high-performance ski sock with a little extra padding in all the right places.”

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights FITS Brewski Sock - For the Beer LoverI’m a US Size 10.5 and today I’ll be sampling the XL size with the new BrewSki beer mug design (see photo below).  To put this sock through it’s paces, I’ll be using it to run on and off-road, and I’ll be using it on some high-mile steep hikes.  Because it’s only Sept in Pennsylvania, I’ll have to save the ski testing for later in winter, however I will update the article with any new findings.

The FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” feels a bit high for running, however with fall weather moving into the northeast, the longer length actually felt good.  I’ll admit that the beer mugs on the socks made for a pretty fashionable statement in my running shorts but I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who noticed the sock design (in a good beer-loving way).  Some of the upper padded areas are lost on my running shoes, but the heel and toe have a really comfortable yet stable cushioning.  All too often a sock or shoe can have so much padding that they feel sloppy when you’re running and they waste energy in your foot push-off.  The FIT socks fit snugly with a really secure and comforting grip on your foot and heel.  The FIT socks dissipated the heat nicely on my longer runs and the material blend remained dry and comfortable even over a 7-mile run.  Overall I think these socks, while not designed for running, really worked well and I can’t wait to try FIT’s dedicated running socks.

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights FITS Brewski Sock - For the Beer Lover

Next up I took the FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” sock on an 11-mile hike.  I chose a lightweight mid-height hiking book and once again the FIT socks felt great.  The socks feel snug and secure with padding in all the right places.  With the mid-height boots, some of the shin padding actually came into play and the socks felt really cushy and comfortable all over.  My feet sweat a lot, and the Merino Wool blend really dissipated the moisture and kept my feet mostly dry.  Once again the height of these socks really doesn’t play into mid-height hiking boots, but once again the other features of the sock made me quickly forget the height.  We did some significantly steep scrambling and some faster downhill sections, and in both cases the socks felt snug and seemed to be perfect for avoiding blisters.  Overall these socks have quickly become one of my favorites for hiking and my go-to socks on cooler days or for more technical hikes.

For fun, I did wear the FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” socks casually and people loved the beer mug design and sock colors.  The navy blue and olive green colors look great and I think they’ll appeal to a lot of sock-lovers.

Keep in mind that the FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” socks are designed for skiing, so I can only imagine (until Dec) just how good they are in the footwear that they are designed for.  With that in mind, I still think these socks are really good for running and hiking as well as casual wear.  The FIT socks simply feel great and I really liked the snug and secure foot-hugging fit as well as the breathability and moisture wicking of the sock materials.

Overall I think the FITS Light Ski “BrewSki” is a really good sock, and I can tell you that it has jumped to the top of my higher-sock selections, especially for hiking.  While this sock is designed for snow sports, I think it works really well for other activities.  I also can’t wait to try the FIT socks designed specifically for running and hiking.  Try this sock and the other FITS socks out for yourself and as always, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).