Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Lakewood Brewing Lemonale (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Lakewood Brewing Lemonale
For many years I’ve been following along with Lakewood Brewing in Garland, TX--and they’ve always been kind enough to include me when new Seduction Series beers come out.  I’ve enjoyed every Seduction Series Temptress beer I’ve tried, but I’ve never able to sample a non-Temptress beer from Lakewood…that is until today.

Today we’ll be sampling the new Lakewood Brewing Lemonale.  This new lemon ale will hit a really sessionable 4.7%-AbV when it goes year-round in spring 2019…and be sure you don’t confuse this with the previous 6.8%-AbV Jack’d Up Lemonale collaboration beer…this is very different.
Lemonale is a golden ale brewed with Citra, Cascade, and of course Lemon Drop hops, but Lakewood Brewing takes it a step further and adds real lemon juice to the mix.  You know how much I love a good beach beer, so off we go.

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Lakewood Brewing Lemonale
Image Courtesy of Lakewood
Lemonale pours a bright yellow-gold color and before you even sip it, the beer looks refreshing.  The aromas have a prominent lemon nose with just a bit of citrusy and grassy hops.  I can tell you the lemon juice aromas really make the nose appealing and I was happy to see they follow through in the flavors.  Lemonale leads and finishes with citrus and lemon, but the light body and light biscuit malt flavors really play well with the lemon juice and Lemon Drop hops.  If you had to pick a word to describe Lemonale it would be “refreshing.”  This beer is really drinkable and satisfying, and I can just picture how much better it would taste if I were sitting on the beach.  At 4.7%-AbV, this is a beer you can have more than one of, and the overall balance and mouthfeel make it easy drinking enough to do so.  As Lakewood calls it, this is a “serious ale with a lemon wedgie” and I think they’ve really hit on a great lighter and refreshing beer; perfect as a year-round addition.
Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Lakewood Brewing Lemonale

I should also point out that Lakewood included a really cool metal lunch-box promo pack (see photos) and I already know what I’ll be taking my lunch to work in from now on.  The included pint glass was really cool and the logo’d Lakewood sunglasses will be perfect for enjoying a Lemonale on the beach (I can’t wait).
Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Lakewood Brewing Lemonale

Lakewood Brewing Lemonale is available now in 12oz cans as well as kegs so get out there and try one for yourself.  And when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).