Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Allagash River Trip & White Cans (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Allagash River Trip & White Cans
If you had asked me just a few years ago if I thought I’d be sitting down to enjoy a “can” of Allagash, my answer would have been a resounding NO!  Even after witnessing the popularity of craft cans, I still thought there would be several hold-out breweries…and Allagash would be one.

Now don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love canned craft beer; so it is with an abundance of excitement that I will be sampling not one, but two beers from Allagash Brewing in 16oz cans.

Through the fall of 2018 we brought you a peek at these cans (here and here), so my anticipation has been building for 5-months.  Thankfully these cans have hit the beer-shelves in Feb for all to enjoy….so I bet you’re wondering how are they?
Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Allagash River Trip & White Cans

Up first is Allagash River Trip and just looking at the cool new packaging, I can picture it in the side pocket of my backpack or in my coozie on the beach.  River Trip is a Belgian-style session ale and I’ll admit that I just had to sip it out of the can before pouring it into my glass.  The color is bright gold and you can’t miss the grapefruit in the aromas.  I found a bit of estery yeast and melon in the nose as well, but grapefruit leads the way.  The flavors follow with some grapefruit dominance, but there were some really enjoyable peach and apricot flavors at the end along with the subtle coriander that helps balance it all out.  The beer uses Azacca and Comet hops for dry-hopping and I found the overall package to be really hop-forward, drinkable and enjoyable.  In the end I was glad to see that the beer hits a sessionable 4.8%-AbV because the 16oz can went down pretty quickly.  This is a really  good beer and I can’t wait to take it hiking.
Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Allagash River Trip & White Cans

Up next we opened the 16oz Allagash White can.  Once again I’ll admit that I just had to drink it straight from the can, and once again I’ll admit I liked it.  Allagash White is a classic beer and what I would consider Allagash’s flagship brew.  This Belgian-style wheat ale is the perfect beer for a 16oz can and it may have been just my excitement, but I swear the can actually amped up the orange peel and coriander aromas.  Allagash White has the perfect balance and drinkability of a Belgian-yeasted beer with a citrus-y fresh wheat ale body.  The beer is slightly cloudy (if it actually makes it to your glass) and the drinkability is unmatched by just about any other Belgian wit out there.  White is also a sessionable 5.1%-AbV which again is the perfect level to keep a 16oz can drinkable and enjoyable.

Overall I really liked Allagash River Trip and I think it has to be one of my leading contenders for 2019 beach beer.  Of course I love Allagash White and I’m very excited for you to try it out in what I consider to be the perfect beer package; the 16oz can.  Both Allagash River Trip and Allagash White are available now in 16oz cans so be sure to get out there and try them for yourself…and when you do, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).