My Beer Buzz - Beer Blend # 1 - Founders All Day IPA & Uinta Hop Notch

image
I’ve always enjoyed a good beer cocktail, and of course we all occasionally love a Black & Tan…but why not push the limits a little more.  It’s all too simple to mix tomato juice or lemonade into a beer, and way to common to mix stout and lager…but there has to be WAY more than that.  After all, there are more beer styles and varieties within a specific style out there than one cam imagine…so why not a beer blend.

Before you dismiss me for ruining what the brewmaster intended, please keep in mind how our pal Matt Brynildson works with wine blending experts to make their yearly Anniversary Ale, and how each year it is a blend of various, previously successful beers.  So why not try beer blends for yourself.

In that name I bring you My BeerBuzz Beer Blends # 1:  Founders All Day IPA & Uinta Hop Notch.  Individually these are great beers, so why not test them collectively.  I really like a session IPA, and I love the flavors of Founders All Day IPA…BUT…every so often I want that drinkability with a little more ABV and a little extra body.  Enter Uinta Hop Notch IPA.  I blended these two 50/50 and the result was really nice.  Lots of citrus in the nose and up front in the flavor, lots of body and a refreshing clean finish.  I’m not really sure what the ABV-Sum of a 4% IPA and a 7% IPA is, and I’ll admit I did ultimately end up drinking the entirety of both cans, but to me it feels like about 6% ABV.

As always I’ll say to try this one for yourself…and of course feel free to suggest more.  This is the first of what I suspect will be a long list of My Beer Buzz Beer Blends!  Blending Good Beers & Good People Together!
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

4 comments (click to read or post):

  1. If you are uncertain as to what the abv-sum of an equal proportion mix of a 4% and a 7% beer is, I would respectfully assert that you drank more than just those two beers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anon...it was a joke. Actually each beer is a little higher ABV than I noted but again it was for fun not serious math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey JUST seeing this a FEW months late :) A few years back I tried Souther Tier's Pumpking with DFH Theobroma, and it was pretty damn good. This time of year, my friends and I will try mixing up a good tasty pumpkin beer (usually I prefer Pumpking due to it being more sweet than any other pumpkin beer) along with a porter or stout.
    Also, the Evil Twin Yin and Yang beers were very unique together!! Nobody believed me when I told them to combine a DIPA with an Imper Stout! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brad....more blending fuel for me. I'll have to try the DIPA Imperial Stout blend. In case you missed it I did a candy/beer pairing article last night.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).