Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - One Guy Atomic Punk IPA

Yes I'll admit I missed most of the show today (AND the last few weeks because of the holiday festivities), but thankfully the podcast is playing back...oops only the last 57-seconds of the show for some reason...so what can I say about the St. Bernardus Abt 12 show? Well not much beyond "great beer"...so I'm thinking why not review last weeks show instead...especially since last week was our "one" and only One Guy Brewing Atomic Punk IPA.

I always enjoy hearing Guy talk beers, so this for me was one of my favorite shows. Guy talked about the origins of the IPA and the hiring of the "2nd guy" to help out at 1G. It was also nice to hear Guy make a commitment to brew more...which of course is good for us all. Thankfully for everyone that's been down to visit the brewery, Guy gave directions to the brewery. If you're heading down, it's easy to find but not easy to identify...just remember go south on Rt 11, when you hit the city and Rt 11 splits in Berwick turn left at the Rite Aid, and go straight two blocks and look for the red brick building on your left. The show was short but of course long enough to make my mouth water. There's something about the sentence "it's a citrus hop flavor" that kicks my taste buds into high gear and Guy managed to say it twice.

It was also very funny to hear Guy defend the use of "lots of hops" for his IPA. Anyone who knows Guy knows he tends to brew in the German malty lager style, and is very judicious with the addition of hop. If I picked up the sentence correctly Guy said his IPA has 3-times more hops in it than he's used in any previous beer. For the record, I'll admit I was one of the guys that stopped in and told Guy you need to brew a hoppy-er beer as he said on the show. So Guy let me go on record and say you need to brew a dark beer like a Porter or sweet stout...

Thanks "guys"...great show
Cheers!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).