Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Penn Brewing Oktoberfest

I've had a crazy week...so it's no surprise that long about 9PM Friday, over my second beer (Stone vertical 8/8/08 in case you're wondering)...I realized it's Friday, I missed Chip and of course I didn't write about it.

So it was an odd show featuring guest appearances from some "other" Ruthie from Hamilton (Canada). First beer today was Mill St Brewing Stock Ale from Canada....and John loved it. Oddly enough, I've somehow tasted this beer last summer in Nova Scotia. (No kidding, could I possibly make that up?) Sad to say I didn't love it. I agree with USA Ruthie on this beer..."very middle of the road." Next up was Sleimans 20th anniversary (#20)....and again somehow I've also had this....and...uh...again...not so great. Please realize I'm no fan of Lager-style beers and MOST of what comes out of Canada is Lager-style. I do need to correct Chip in that one of the best selling micro (non-Molson)beers in Canada IS an IPA (Alexander Keith's IPA). Now I'll be the first to admit it wasn't much of an IPA but it is a bottom-fermented Ale style beer.

So the beer of the week this week is Penn Brewing (P'burg) Oktoberfest....and once again I've tasted this one. Again a Lager, but slightly more full-bodied (like many of the marzen/Oktoberfest beers).

So have you noticed....this week it's all about ME! OK so it's been a rough week....

I have no quotes to rave about today, but it was a very entertaining show and again I love to hear about the upcoming birthday show and One Guy Brewing's Keller Bier.

Cheers Guys and don't be a hoser 'eh?

Oh yea...linky to the podcast is HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).