Why Oh Why can't Wilkes-Barre/Scranton have a Micro-brewery?!?

Consider this the kick off blog for the campaign to have a micro-brewery/brew-pub in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. You'll find as this campaign progresses that the lack of a local micro makes me crazy. We have the beer crowd, we have the real-estate, we even have the talent...but alas no micro. Why? Was it the demise of Black Rock (for non-beer-related reasons), or is it something else? Today I present to you two pieces of evidence. Exhibit A is the 2007 Craft Beer Industry Statistics. READ THIS and tell me what Wilkes-Barre is missing? These micros are popping up and thriving everywhere! For Exhibit B (and the end of today's rant) I offer up Williamsport. TWO Micros now live in Williamsport, and yet we have none. If you're not crying already I suggest you CLICK HERE, CLICK HERE, or even CLICK HERE. I'll pause while you finish sobbing over our loss of Terry....I'll end today's rant with a plea...Please Bullfrog, please Weyerebacher, please Troegs...please open a brew-pub in NEPA!

OK local beer lovers...Please click on the comments link below and tell me I'm not alone here....

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).