07 November 2016
From Samuel Adams:
The highly anticipated release of Samuel Adams Rebel Raw Double IPA will hit select cities soon. We heard the praise loud and clear from drinkers who got their hands on the first two batches, so we’re brewing more and sharing this batch with a few new cities. The sample in your hand came off the canning line less than 24 hours ago and was shipped overnight for you to enjoy the beer at its freshest.
At 10% ABV and 100 IBUs, Rebel Raw Double IPA is a big, hoppy IPA. We brew it with seven hop varieties to create a huge hop character that’s jam-packed with citrus, floral, spice, and resinous pine notes. Imagine burying your nose in a pile of fresh hop cones – that’s the experience we want you to have when you take a sip of Rebel Raw.
Because this is such an aggressively hop-forward brew, freshness is critical. Hop character diminishes over time, and we want IPA-lovers to enjoy this brew as fresh as possible in order to experience the optimal range of hop flavors and aromas. So that beer in your hand? Don’t store it in the beer fridge for later, or age it. DRINK IT NOW!
What you need to know about Rebel Raw:
· Rebel Raw has a 35-day shelf life – our shortest shelf life to date.
· We brewed this DIPA with 7 lbs. of hops per barrel. Each hop variety imparts specific flavors and aromas to the brew:
· Polaris (kettle): Fruity and intensely floral with notes of fresh mint
· Galaxy (kettle): Citrusy, spicy and herbal with hints of green fruit and red berries
· Amarillo (kettle): Orange, grapefruit and tangerine notes with slight fruit sweetness
· Zeus (kettle): Earthy and spicy with hints of citrus
· Centennial (dry-hopping): Medium citrus, intensely floral with hints of wood
· Cascade (dry-hopping): Floral, spicy citrus and grapefruit with hints of red berries
· Simcoe (dry-hopping): Intense pine, with aromas of passionfruit and apricot
· A very limited quantity of Rebel Raw will be available in early November in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans. Go to www.samueladams.com to find a location in your local area.
Rebel Raw Double IPA will be on shelves in:
Ann Arbor, MI
Des Moines, IA
Grand Rapids, MI
Long Island, NY
New Haven, CT
New London, CT