WILK Friday BeerBuzz–1 April 2011 Terrapin Beer Side Project # 14 Tomfoolery

WILKFridayBeerbuzz1
Who could resist doing an April Fools joke, especially on the Friday BeerBuzz….so I’ll admit it was fun to announce we were sampling red wine instead.  It was also a lot of fun running down just a small sample of the beer names from brewers that don’t take themselves too seriously.  I think a sense of humor in beer naming is important, as well as a great marketing tool.


imageToday we welcomed Terrapin brewmaster Spike Buckowski on the Friday BeerBuzz to help us sample the perfect beer for an April Fool’s Day show.  Even though we featured Terrapin Moo Hoo on the show a few months ago, I couldn’t resist choosing this beer.  Our beer of the day is Terrapin Beer Co Side Project #14 Tomfoolery.  We’ve had brewmaster Spike Buckowski on the show before when we featured Big Hoppy Monster, but I thought this was a perfect beer for the show and it was fun talking to Spike about Tomfoolery and all of the exciting things happening at Terrapin Beer.

Tom Foolery is the 14th beer in the side project series, and the first to be released in 2011.  Side Project beers are limited edition, single-brewing beers that allow Spike to flex his creative brewing muscles.  Tomfoolery is a Black Saison….yep that’s right…you read it correctly…a black saison…or as Spike would say a “traditional style with foolish brewing behavior.”  What better way to say April Fools but with a beer that is black like the night, but tastes much like a traditional light saison.  Try this one for yourself and see if you can pull an April Fool’s joke on your friends too.

Perhaps the BIG news of the day was that Spike released some details on Side Project #16 Flux Capacitor….so stay tuned!


Thanks
to  Spike, Nancy, John, Joe, & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

28 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Thanks to Spike for being on the show, a great guest and a great brewmaster!

    Love Terrapin Hopsecutioner. So obviously I'm a hops/IPA guy. That said, Tomfoolery is only 30 IBU's but not every beer's gotta be about the bitter and I like it a lot!

    I think the Terrapin "Side Project" series is an outstanding way for Spike and the Terrapin gang to veer off into new territory and for their fans to enjoy their outstanding results!

    Great show Bill, thanks as always!

    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John and thanks Spike.

    I'll be on the road most of the day today and while I'll do my best to moderate all incoming comments, I may not get to them until later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show guys. I haven't had this one yet but Capt Krunkles is a favorite. Guess I need to go get one.

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Spike for coming on our local beer show. I really enjoyed your show today and I think it was nice of Spike to release details on Side Project #16. Breaking all the good beer news buzzers.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect beer choice for April Fools day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see terrapin paying so much attention to NEPA. Good job WILK.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice beer choice but this is an odd one. A dark saison makes no sense, exactly why I have to try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indiana Krunkles
    Tom Foolery
    Capt Krunkles
    and now FLux Capacitor

    I love terrapin and I'd like a bottle of whatever they're drinking down there.

    Thanks Spike,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fun song! Go bossco go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO I'll admit for about 10 seconds I believed the Red Wine thingy. I know you guys do some crazy stuff on the show and I bought it, but only briefly. Thanks for the fun.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys keep doing the things that make me listen every week. We get a great and unique beer to talk about, and unusual style, a superb guest brewer and lots of great information about beer and the beer biz. I've heard the rumors about Terrapin being bought out and I was very happy to hear Spik say it wasn't true. Of course I always love hearing about new beers like the FluX capacitor #16. Thank you beerbuzz.

    Steve W

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a regular litener of the show and of Webster and Nancy and I look forward to how you guys start off the weekend for me. I don't normally comment but you guys made my day this morning with all the beer fun.

    Paul (Moosic, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like most of the farmhouse ales I try so I'm not sure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red wine. Very funny. You had me. Just don't do a bath-salts beer !

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrapin is doing some great beers and I give you guys props for featuring three of their beers. Cheers!

    ArnoJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the PAB award. I smell academy award for today's show. You guys are getting good at it. Come on Fox 56! Lets get the Friday BeerBuzz on TV, heck the cameras are there already. This has WIN written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. mybeerbuzz the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe even in 3D

    ReplyDelete
  19. We all poke fun, but I for one not only listen to the show live every Friday, but then I go out and replay the show video, sometimes more than once. I do think this would make a great TV segment on one of our local channels. Maybe give up 15-mins of the brazilian buttlift. I'd love to see Fox record it and run it at some time.

    BarryJJ

    ReplyDelete
  20. A belated congratulations on your PA Association of Broadcasters award. I think this is a well deserved award for all of you.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to Spike for releasing some details on Side Project # 16. I'll be first in line to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks to Spike and thanks for the comments. I can see it now....Marty Krunkles in his Delorean.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember the first show with Spike. He's a good guest and an interesting guy. Of course the great beer helps too.
    Cheers
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  24. one of your best

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read your post about the Anhueser Busch Goose Island takeover but I liked hearing it on the radio. You explained it really well. You should podcast your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, do you know where I can get a bottle or two or three of the Tom Foolery?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bought mine at Krugel's Georgetown Deli and I'm pretty sure there was more on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).