Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month Club (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month (Review)If you follow along with my highlights and reviews, you’ll know that I cover a lot more than just beer. I regularly review spirits, electronics, self-care, outdoor equipment, hiking gear and even food…but I think today may be one of my favorites.

About a year ago I started making my own cheese, and while I’m still very much a beginner and still making pretty simple cheeses, I’ve gained an appreciation for not only the skill required to make a great cheese, but also the qualities of really amazing cheeses.

Today I’m lucky enough to get my hands on some selections from The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month Club. This home-delivered cheese club was created by the creative men and women who run The Rare Beer Club. These guys have been around for 25-years and they actually operate five different club options…but what could be better than beer and cheese!?

The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month Club features artisanal, hand-made cheese from around the world. The cheese are professionally curated and they feature hand-cut selections of cheeses that have been created and carefully aged by some of the best artisan cheese makers in the world.

Each month the club features three different cheeses and they emphasize pulling cheese varieties from the region where they were first created. The selections are cut fresh before delivery and each cheese includes detailed tasting notes and a profile of the cheesemaker. The club choices include The Original Gourmet Cheese Club and the new Rare Cheese Club so they have something for everyone.  If that’s not enough, you can also combine your cheese club membership with one of their other clubs and design your own club.

Naturally I can’t wait to try this month’s selections…so off we go.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month (Review)

This month’s selections are:

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month (Review)

Asiago: This cheese is made with Italian cow’s milk and aged for 6-9 months or “mezzanello.” This cheese is really aromatic with earthy and yeasty aromas and it leans just a bit into the parmesan arena with it’s nutty and creamy flavors. The Asiago is a bit sharp and slightly salty with a really nice pressed texture. Overall I really liked the mild and rich flavors of the Asiago, and I can tell you it makes for a really tasty panini when you grate the Asiago over some rustic bread (that I just happened to bake yesterday). I added in some onion jam and the combination was heavenly.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month (Review)

Beecher’s Flagship: This is a new cheese to me and it comes from Seattle, WA. The cheese is made from pasteurized cow’s milk and aged for 15-months. The cheese has a prominent and rich nutty flavor and a semi-hard texture that makes for a great tasting experience. I’ll admit I really liked sampling Beecher’s Flagship with my Tröegs Field Study IPA just straight up (slice by slice.) The buttery and slightly salty cheese mixed with the bitter hops of the IPA make for a really nice combination. Overall I liked this cheese for it’s flavor combinations, but it also has this really unique crumbly texture that I liked even more. I cant wait to try it tomorrow on my breakfast omelet but I think I’ve found my favorite.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month (Review)

Sartori Reserve Espresso Belavitano: This has to be one of the more unique cheeses I’ve come across. Made in Wisconsin from pasteurized cow’s milk, this cheese is aged for 12-months. The flavors and aromas of this cheese fall squarely between parmesan and cheddar for me, but that’s where everything changes.  The cheese is hand-rubbed with freshly-ground espresso beans and from there the blend really takes off. Espresso Belavitano starts out creamy and sweet, but ends with a hint of roasted coffee. Overall I’d say this cheese is really complex with nutty, fruity and soft creamy flavors that really compliment the espresso addition.  After sampling, I started calling this cheese a dessert cheese since it just feels rich and decadent, even after a meal. Tomorrow night I plan to pair this with a Russian imperial stout I’ve been saving for a special occasion…and I think Sartori Reserve Espresso Belavitano is that special occasion. (I also may have found another co-favorite of the three.)

I can’t tell you how much I’ve enjoyed sampling some amazing cheeses from The Gourmet Cheese Of The Month Club. The choices and combinations of flavors, textures and new varieties that I’ve never encountered before made for a really fun tasting experience. Be sure to check out the Gourmet Cheese Of The Month Club or even design your own club and you’ll see what I mean.  Just think how cool it would be to have gourmet cheese, beer, wine or even chocolate delivered to your door each month.  When you do check out these cheeses or other tasty treats, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

1 comments (click to read or post):

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).