Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)If you’ve been following along on mybeerbuzz.com, you already know that I test-drive more than just beer.  I cover everything from hiking and athletic gear to personal care and electronics.  You may or may not also remember that I’m a 25-mile/week avid runner and I run 5-days a week with music.  If that’s not enough, you may also remember that I did already review the predecessors of today’s earbuds, The PaMu Slide and the Pamu Scroll.  So naturally I’m excited to try out the new PaMu Slide Mini.

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

If there’s one thing I’ve learned when I’m running, it’s that the tiniest little thing that bothers or annoys you can become a really big issue after dealing with it for miles and miles.  Because I run with music from my iPod, my choice of earbuds has become one of my most important running decisions, perhaps second only to my shoes…so good earbuds are VERY important.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

Today we’re trying out a new set of earbuds called the Padmate PaMu Slide Mini.  These earbuds are part of a larger system and they actually store and charge inside a now-smaller charging case.  With PaMu Slide Mini, you can listen to your music and phone calls privately with the earbuds and easily charge your earbuds with the storage/charging case.

The PaMu Slide Mini features 30-hour play time, a new smaller charging case, touch control, dual-mic noise cancelling, 30-hours play time, all-day comfort, powerful bass, Bluetooth 5.0, auto-pairing, IPx6 sweat-proof, type-C fast charging, a Qualcomm QCC3020 chip, a composite 6 micron diaphragm and an ergonomic design.  Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

I always start testing earbuds with what I think is the most important criteria…fit.  After all, if the buds don’t stay in your ears, especially when running, then nothing else matters.  The PaMu Slide Mini earbuds fit nicely in my ears and they felt snug and comfortable.  I launched them right into a 5-mile run on day-one, and not once over the course of the run did I feel like they were loose or going to pop out.  After the full run, the earbuds still felt comfortable with no irritation or sore spots.  These earbuds feature 6 different ear tips to customize your fit (S, S+, M, M+, L, L+) and the size M worked out perfectly for me.  The ergonomic design made them comfortable and secure over long runs and the sound quality never suffers from bouncing around as you run.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

The earbuds paired easily to my iPod nano so next up is the sound quality testing.  I tried out the earbuds sitting still and running and in both cases the PaMu Slide Mini delivered strong base and bright treble with little distortion and little interference from outside noise, thanks in part to their Dual-Mic noise cancelling.  Traffic and wind noises were much less prominent and the overall sound level was very good.  The available volume levels were good and the Bluetooth connection remained solid even while running and moving my head.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

The battery life of the PaMu Slide Mini easily lasted about 4 or 5 runs for me and I average about an hour per run.  This included running and cool down as well as some additional stretching at the end.  This is about perfect for me as I only want to charge my earbuds once a week.  According to Padmate, the earbud batteries will last 10-hours of playtime with 30-hours playtime using the 400 mAh mini charging case battery capacity.  The charging case can be charged using a Type-C connector or in a really cool feature, the case can be charged using a wireless charging base.  According to Padmate, a 5-minute charge gives you 1-hour of playtime.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

I tested the PaMu Slide Mini touch controls and they all work as expected.  These controls let you play/pause, answer a phone call, reject a phone call, increase volume, skip a song and even activate Siri assist.  I don’t take many phone calls on my earbuds, but skipping a song is vital, especially on a long run.  The PaMu Slide Mini skipped songs easily without having to break stride while running.

I also tested out the water resistance of the PaMu Slide Mini and while I didn’t dunk them in water, they worked fine for sweat resistance and rain resistance with no issues.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights PaMu Slide Mini (Review)

Overall the PaMu Slide Mini worked really well and provided secure earbuds for running, great fit, great sound, easy portable charging and even multiple colors to choose from.  Charging the unit and earbuds was easy and the battery life was lengthy enough for multiple long runs. 

The Padmate PaMu Slide Mini is available now so be sure to try them out for yourself….and when you do try them out, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).