Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Fuller Vintage Ale 2014 (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Fuller Vintage Ale 2014Fullers Brewery and I go way back.  One of my very first really good international beers was one of their flagship beers, and some of my favorite stops in London were Fullers’ public houses.  From the time I flew over the brewery on my way into Heathrow, through the first few Fullers public houses, I have a really fond place in my beer-heart for Fullers.
Back in the day when I was first exploring better beer, I stumbled across Fullers Vintage Ale.  It’s safe to say that I’ve had every vintage dating back into the 1990’s, so I was excited to see a care package arriving at mybeerbuzz headquarters from Fullers Brewery.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Fuller Vintage Ale 2014
Of course I’ve been already checking out this year’s vintage, and of course I was the first to bring you a peek.  Fuller’s Vintage Ale is bottle conditioned, and yes if you’re asking, it really ages well.  I’m excited to add 2014 to my list of Vintage Ales…so off we go.Fuller’s Adding 2019 Vintage Ale
Fullers Vintage Ale 2014 pours a deep and rich brown color with an abundant off-white head.  There are loads of biscuity aromas with sweet caramel malts and earthy hops in the nose.  The flavors follow with a slightly sweet caramel toffee malt that is balanced by slightly resinous and citrusy hops.  The mouthfeel is soft and a bit creamy and as the beer warms, some subtle apricot, orange peel, sherry and dark fruit flavors come forward.  Overall Fullers Vintage Ale 2014 has a complex mix of flavors with great depth and a wonderful overall balance of flavors; and at 8.5%-AbV, it’s the perfect beer to share with friends and family….and yes it continues to age really well.
Fullers Vintage Ale is available now in 500ml bottles so get out there and try it for yourself.  If you can find earlier vintages, be sure to taste them as well.  And when you do try it, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).