Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights Cleveland Kraut (Review)

If you’ve been following along on mybeerbuzz.com, you’ll know that I don’t just “do” beer.  I regularly feature all sorts of items outside the beer lane, but still inside my areas of interest.  Today we have a really interesting new entries in the food category that I can’t wait to try…so off we go.
image_thumb14
I should mention that I’m really excited to taste a decidedly different product that isn’t alcohol-related, but with a spirit flavor available…Cleveland Kraut.  Yes this is Sauerkraut but not just any old Kraut.  Cleveland Kraut is raw and unpasteurized and it comes in seven different flavors like Classic Caraway, Beet Red with red cabbage, beets and carrots, Gnar Gnar with peppers and chilies, Cabbage & Cukes with cabbage, cucumbers, mustard seed and caraway seeds, Roasted Garlic with cabbage garlic and pepper, Curry Kraut with peppers, carrots, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander and mustard seed and finally Whiskey Dill with cabbage, garlic Whiskey and dill.image_thumb13
I’ll admit that I really like Sauerkraut and I really like the probiotic qualities of raw kraut.  We regularly buy a local farmer’s market raw kraut and even make our own…so I have a pretty good idea what makes a good Kraut.
Cleveland Kraut comes out of the bag, raw, fresh and crunchy.  If you’re expecting the typical kraut mush, you won’t find it here.  The texture is fresh and crispy and the tastes and flavors are really good, really complex and extremely flavorful.  I had never thought of the chef-quality combinations of ingredients that Cleveland came up with, but I can say they are really good.  I sampled the krauts alone and I liked them so much that I even added them later as a sandwich topping.image_thumb11
The pouches have sixteen 1-ounce servings per container and they have zero total fat, zero cholesterol, zero sugar and about 10-calories per serving depending on the flavor.  I should also mention that all of the recipes are Gluten-free and Vegan friendly.
Cleveland Kraut does make a variety pack it you want to taste multiple flavors (and believe me you DO) or better yet, make your own Kraut blend.  image_thumb9
Overall I’d call Cleveland Kraut a chef-quality gourmet sauerkraut that I really liked and I can’t wait to try out Cleveland Kraut’s featured recipes.  As far as favorites, I’d say the Whiskey Dill, the Roasted Garlic and the Beer Red had to be my favorites.  These are unique flavor combinations and really pleasing kraut blends.
Be sure to try Cleveland Kraut for yourself.  And when you do try them, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).