Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer Fridge 20% OFF (Review)

Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer FridgeIf you visit mybeerbuzz headquarters, you’ll find that I have a fair amount of beer in the house.  Between the refrigerator in the kitchen, my garage shelves and even our basement shelves, you’ll also find that I haven’t had a ton of success storing all of the beer AND keep it cold and ready to drink.  Add in some of our summer holiday parties when we’re going through ice faster than our icemaker can keep up with, and I think you see the problem.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer Fridge
Over the course of time, I’ve carved out one shelf in my kitchen fridge as the beer shelf, but that beer is constantly pushed to the back and I find myself sorting through celery or peanut butter to find my beer.  While I may personally find it just inconvenient, our party guests have found it even more difficult sorting through party food to find a beer.
Enter code MYBEERBUZZ for 20% off AB-1200BC1| NewAir 126-Can Beer Fridge at https://www.newair.com/products/newair-126-can-beer-fridge-ab-1200bc1?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=thebraggingmommy1&utm_campaign=AB-1200BC1
With that in mind I was very excited to test out today’s beer-device; the The NewAir AB-1200BC Limited Edition 126-Can Beer Fridge.  This beer fridge and beverage cooler comes out of the box ready to go and I had it plugged in and chilling in no time (I did spend a few minutes leveling the fridge).  The beer fridge holds 126 12oz cans and it is a generous 3.4 cubic foot space inside.  That equates to roughly 33.1-inches high by 18.2-inches wide by 19-inches deep.  If those measurements sound familiar, it’s because this fridge will fit under most countertops with standard cabinet widths and depths.  I rolled mine in at the end of our kitchen countertops and the stainless steel door and black sides made it fit right in.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer Fridge
I should also mention that the NewAir Beer Fridge has a really stylish glass door that makes it not only easy to find the beer you want, BUT also to find it without wasting the energy of having the door open while you search.  The fridge quickly cooled down to 34-degrees Fahrenheit, which in my case is roughly 6 degrees cooler than our kitchen fridge; keeping your beer or beverages nice and cold.  That temperature is adjustable from 34F up through 64F depending on what beverage you want to store and of course it is set-and-forget.
The NewAir Limited Edition Beer Fridge has some really cool graphics on the outside, so it looks great in any setting and you don’t need to hide it under a countertop.  The black background features gold beer style names the full length of each sides as well as the top and there will be no doubt what’s inside.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer Fridge
While I will likely never have 126-cans in the NewAir Beer Fridge, I was happy to see that the 5 shelves are sturdy, easily adjustable or even removable.  I pulled one shelf out to be able to store 750ml bottles standing up, with still plenty of room for several cases of 12oz or 16oz cans.  Depending on how you setup the shelves, those cans can be vertical or horizontal.  For a party I can imaging adjusting the shelves to maximize the number of cans, and for personal use the shelves can be adjusted to be a bit less efficient if you like.  Of course you’re not limited to beverages and my holiday baking cookie dough quickly found a home in the NewAir Beer Fridge.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Limited Edition Beer Fridge
While I am excited to try out the NewAir Beer Fridge at our upcoming New Years Eve party, I’m really excited to move it out to our covered deck for a summer party to replace the messy and inconvenient bucket of ice we rely on every year.  The fridge weights just over 60-pounds so while I wouldn’t want to carry it up and down two flights of stairs all the time, I was able to easily move it out to our covered deck (do not put this appliance out in the rain or snow or leave it exposed to weather).
Enter code MYBEERBUZZ for 20% off AB-1200BC1| NewAir 126-Can Beer Fridge at https://www.newair.com/products/newair-126-can-beer-fridge-ab-1200bc1?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=thebraggingmommy1&utm_campaign=AB-1200BC1
As a quick comparison, I had a beer-pal over who has had a beverage cooler already (for over a year) and we compared notes.  His cooler can only go down to 36-degrees, his only has 3-shelves (not 5) and with maximum efficiency, he can squeeze 120 12oz cans into his.  Of course his also costs $65 more than the NewAir Beer Fridge so I think he’ll soon be trading up.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Beer Fridge
As a test, I brought in a variety of different beer can sizes from 12oz through 19.2oz, several beer bottle sizes from 12oz up through 750ml and everything from tall bottles to smaller items (including wine bottles laying on their sides).  The NewAir Beer Fridge handled them all and then some with 1-inch increments on the shelves as well as removable shelves.  Very roughly I’d say it fit 24-bottles on the top shelf, 30 bottles on a middle shelf and maybe about 14 on the lower shelf (with 2-shelves removed).   The variety of shelf layouts and the style  of the shelves not only made it easy to organize my beer, but also do it safely as the lower shelf has a bar on the front making it difficult for the beverages to roll (or slide) out accidentally.  The integrated LED lighting in the NewAir Beer Fridge makes it easy to find what you’re looking for with or without the door having to be open.Mybeerbuzz .com Highlights The NewAir AB-1200BC 126-Can Beer Fridge
From a technical testing standpoint I can tell you the NewAir Beer Fridge is very quiet and easily more quiet than our standard refrigerator.  I’ve only had the fridge in place for a week or so, but I will try to follow up with at least my rough estimate on energy usage over the longer haul.  I also haven’t had a chance to witness any frost build-up, but based on what I’ve read, it should be very minimal if at all.  I haven’t been able to actually test how it performs with 126-cans on board, but it does seem to maintain a consistent temperature regardless of the outside temps around it.
In the end I decided to place the NewAir Beer Fridge near our kitchen, however I think it is also perfect for rec rooms, dorm rooms, movie rooms, your office or even your man cave (or she-shed).  The stylish glass door and black interior and shelves make it a great looking appliance in any room….and the flexibility of shelving arrangements makes the NewAir Beer Fridge perfect for beverages and non-beverages alike.
Overall I really liked the NewAir Beer Fridge and I’m excited to see how it performs over the long haul and at a party.  The fridge simply looks great and the interior shelving options make it flexible and really useful as a dedicated beverage cooler or as a supplement to your kitchen fridge.  Personally I love the idea of storing my beer at a controlled temperature and not having to juggle it in and out of our kitchen fridge, or surf through the vegetable jungle to find it.  Be sure to check out the NewAir Beer Fridge for yourself, and when you do, be sure to let us know what YOU think.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).