Healthy Beverages - COCO Mango Cocktail - A First Sampling

imageLast week I brought you news of a new and all-natural ready-to-drink malt-based beverage coming from Healthy Beverages LLC.  This beverage is the first release in the COCO Cocktails line of new beverages and it is called COCO Mango.  A big thank you to Healthy Beverages LLC for giving me the opportunity to try out an early sample and pass on what I thought to you.



COCO Mango is a mango margarita flavored cocktail that uses coconut water and all natural ingredients.  To be specific, COCO Mango uses 70% coconut water, Organic GrandFusion (nutrifusion.com), all natural African Mango seed extract and other natural flavors…and the makers assure me and I quote, “there will NEVER be anything artificial in COCO Cocktail.”
image
COCO Mango is packaged in some really cool slim 12oz cans and they will be available in 4-packs.  COCO Mango will come in at 5.5%-AbV so you’ll find it easy drinking AND better yet, very suitable to use as a base for adding in additional spirits.

We sampled COCO Mango over ice and straight up out of the can.  As a lover of all things Mango, this beverage is right up my alley.  I found the aromas and flavors consistent with fresh mango and I really liked how it tasted (and felt) simply poured over ice.  I can tell you I’m not typically attracted to coconut, but if you’re expecting this to be heavily coconut flavored….it simply isn’t.  The balance of flavors was nice and the feel of a fresh mango margarita was perfect.  No mess, no fuss and NO blenders required.

For fun we decided to also sample COCO Mango as a base or mixer for a little tequila….and while I’m not a big drinker of tequila, I do like a good margarita.  We chose an Extra Anejo that we were lucky enough to receive as a give for the holiday and it worked nicely in COCO Mango.  For my palate it was a really good Mango Margarita.  I also suspect COCO Mango would work well with Vodka, but we didn’t have any on hand to test that theory.

Be sure to check out COCO Mango for yourself and let me know what you think.  Look for COCO Mango to hit select Texas and Florida markets beginning May 1st…and for those asking about nutrition info…here you go:  Each 12oz serving is 130 calories, 7g of carbs, 291mg potassium, 75mg sodium and 25% to 35% of the RDA for multiple vitamins (26% Vitamin A, 25% Vitamin E, 27% Vitamin D, 35% Vitamin C, 25% Vitamin B1 and 27% Vitamin B6).

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).