Mike’s Harder Apple Firebomb - A First Sampling

image
A big thank you to everyone at Mike’s for sending me a sample of their Apple Firebomb.  I’ve been curious to try this one, so of course we chilled it down and sampled it.

Technically this is a cinnamon flavored apple ale and based on the packaging, I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I like the combination of apple and cinnamon, but the flames coming out of the mouth of the apple made me think this would be super spicy.  Thankfully the cinnamon spice wasn’t over the top.

The apple is prominent in the aroma and the flavor, and yes there's some cinnamon heat in there, but for me it played more like and apple ale with a shot of cinnamon whiskey.  I tasted a prominent cinnamon heat but also an alcohol heat at the back end.  Apple Firebomb carries the 8% ABV well, and I’ll warn you… a) it’s pretty easy to drink and b) the bottom of the 16oz can comes up pretty quickly.
image
To slow things down a bit and to soften the cinnamon a bit, we paired Apple Firebomb with some creaky goat cheese…and it worked really well.  Because of the crispness of this brew, I’ll bet just about any cheese works well with this apple ale.



Try this one out for yourself and let me know what you think.  Mike’s Harder Apple Firebomb is available now in 16oz cans and you can even get your artwork on the can.  There are currently four versions (see below) and my favorite is the kitty!
image
image
image

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).