Elevation Beer - 2nd Anniversary 7437 and Apis IV - A First Sampling

image
A big thank you to Xandy and everyone at Elevation Beer Co for giving me the chance to try two of their amazing brews.  I’ve been a big fan of Elevation Beer Co after hearing the story of how four friends started the company after coming up with the idea at a back yard BBQ…and I’ve been looking forward to trying some of their beer.

First up I should mention how gorgeous their packaging looks.  I’ve posted up a lot of their labeling in the past, but in person these cork and caged 750ml bottles look really good.  Of course we had to sample them both, so over the last two weekends we decided to open each beer and share them with friends and family.
image
Up first we sampled Elevation Beer’s 2nd Anniversary Beer 7437.  This beer is a Double IPA brewed to celebrate their 2nd year in business and it uses Galena, Simcoe, Chinook and Falconer’s Flight hops.  As a confirmed lover of all things hoppy, I was really excited to sample 7437 and I was really pleased with the great rush of hops I found in the aroma.  7437 pours a gorgeous rich golden color and the aromas of fresh citrus and grapefruit are really prominent.  The taste is pure hoppiness with a dry in lingering resinous finish.  7437 was a really pleasant DIPA and it comes in at 9% ABV and 100 IBU so be sure to share it with your friends too.

Up next I should admit I sample quite a few Belgian-style quads….and I really like this style, so I had a hard time waiting to sample Elevation Beer Apis IV.  This beer puts a different spin on a Quadrupel by adding in honey and I was really surprised how well it worked.  Apis IV pours a dark almost reddish color with higher carbonation and great lacing on the side of the glass.  The aromas of dark fruit and dull honey are prominent, but the presence of floral hops come in late in the mix.  Apis IV tastes great with a really rich and warming mouthfeel.  The honey hits you early in the taste and the finish has complex earthy and bready flavors from the Belgian yeast.  Apis IV finishes on the sweet side of the fence but it has a really pleasant aftertaste and finish.  Try this one for yourself and at 8.7% ABV and 17 IBU this is another perfect beer to share with your friends and family like I did.

Thank you to Xandy and everyone at Elevation Beer Co for giving me the opportunity to sample these two great brews.  I was really happy to sample two beers from Elevation that fit into two of my favorite beer styles, and they were of course great examples of the style and some really good brews.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).