Coronado Brewing - Sock Knocker Imperial IPA - First Tasting

imageI love hoppy beers.  There…I said it…and I especially love Imperial hoppy beers….so I’m really excite to sample Coronado Brewing Sock Knocker Imperial IPA for the first time.

 


image
This beer is part of Coronado’s Brewer’s Series and I’m excited to see this seasonal return for 2014.  Sock Knocker grabs your nose before you even finish pouring.  Lots of floral and almost herbal aromas hit you first, followed by some dry citrus.  I couldn’t wait to sample, so I didn’t.  Sock Knocker has a raft of citrus up front and it finishes sticky, resinous and almost pine-y.  The finish is loaded with hop bitterness and a really nice grapefruit dryness at the end.  With Amarillo, Centennial, Simcoe & Columbus hops on board, It’s no surprise I like this beer….and I suspect you will too.
image
I jumped right in and sampled, but I should also mention the beautiful color this beer has.  I should also warn you that it is both 8.5% ABV and 90 IBU, yet you’ll want the entire 22oz bottle to yourself…so be careful.  Be sure to try Coronado Sock Knocker Imperial IPA for yourself and be sure to check in and let me know what you think.  Thanks you to Coronado brewing for sending the sample…I think you have a real winner here.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

0 comments (click to read or post):

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).