WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 17 Jan 2014 - Cigar City Jai Alai IPA w/Wayne Wambles (Video)

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

22 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Wayne Wambles is a rock star of the craft beer world and we were proud and happy to have him on our show today!

    Jai Alai IPA is great and with all the talk of Cigar City going on it made me want a cigar to go along with Jai Alai but I'll take care of that when I get home!

    Thanks Wayne, thanks Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com, and thank you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com
    Title :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tuned in late but I caught the entire guest. I love Jai Alai and I was going to send in a suggestion to you since you always love hops. What a great bonus to get to hear Wayne Wambles too. Thank U

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drove to Tampa for Hunaphu day and brought back more Jai Alai than anything. I'm really glad to see it in cans and great find for WILK getting Wayne on the air in NEPA. Cheers!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Sabatinis have Jai Alai?

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna

    Yes you can find Cigar City Jai Alai (and other CIgar City beers) at Sabatinis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I love any excuse to visit Sabatinis for pizza & beer. Anyone up for lunch (or dinner) at Sabs today?

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going for lunch. I'll be in a blue shirt and Yankees hat

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always buy Jai Alai! Nice to hear Wayne on the show.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi WILK. I'm pretty new to good beer, but I always go to Sabs. I didn't realize you had such a great selection of beer. Now I can't wait to go back. I smell happy hour!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have trouble finding Cigar City. Their Cucumber Saison was an absolute favorite beer but I can't find it. I'll definitely try Jai Alai and I'll have to try Sabatinis too. I get their take out but I've never been in to check on Cigar City.

    Greg J

    ReplyDelete
  11. I visited Cigar City in 2012 after a cruise. I think it is one of my favorite breweries. I didn't get a chance to meet Wayne at the brewery so thank you for having him on the show. He obviously knows his beer.

    Jaxn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been looking for Cigar City Tocobaga Red and Maduro Brown. Will Sabatinis have those?

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tony

    Their bottle list is on-line:

    http://www.sabatinis.com/beer/Beer_files/Bottle_List%2012%3A31%3A13.pdf

    but I'll tell you it changes so rapidly I'd recommend stopping down. Ask for the bottle list and/or ask for Lindo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Five beers for Five years!! an an American Barley wine with no American ingredients. Great video and really great guest!

    Tax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Double good today. I think Cigar City is one of my favorites and to get to hear their brewmaster is an A+ Nice!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to try that Hopped on the High Seas. Is it available yet? Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't seen it yet, but there will be different version with different hops....and if anyone is going to get it, it will be Sabatinis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm watching the video now. It's no Yule Log hotties, but it's pretty good. Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jai Alai is a beer I bought for years in bottles. I didn't know about the cans until you mentioned it and I haven't seen it in bottles so that makes sense. Thanks for the show. Paul J

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sabatinis is the perfect pairing for the Friday Beer Buzz. Thanks for having him on. I stop down there all the time and boy does he know his beer. I bought some really fantastic beer down there and the tap events are outstanding. Rob

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wayne Wambles makes some of my favorite beer. I've never heard him do an interview so today was a first. I have a case of Jai Alai so I'll toast you tonight.

    Jet

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had lunch at Sabatinis. You should see what they have on tap! How did I not know about this?!!!!! TY

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).