Abita - Bourbon Street Series - Baltic Porter - 9.25% ABV

image
I brought you a peek at the keg label, and now the official details from Abita.  This beer is exclusively aged in Pappy Van Winkle barrels
image

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

1 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Having this in draft at World of Beer Westchase. First off I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of Abita beers so I was a little reluctant to try this. That being said, I was blown away by this beer! It is so complex. There are so many flavors coming through. From bourbon (obviously), to wood (but subtle), to caramel, butterscotch, and vanilla (as the beer warms). The bartender and I kept going back and forth saying there's something detectable that we couldn't put our fingers on. After a few more sips I exclaimed, Werther's Butterscotch. He said, Yes! That's it. But then after a second pour (it's that good) I said there's something earthy, kinda nutty to it... Then it came to me. Mary Jane candy. You remember the peanut butter Mary Jane candy? It's in there. Very subtle, but it's there. Right in the middle of the sip. But when it's cold, not as prevalent as it warms. Also toffee notes... Man, so complex. I will sing the praises of this beer for ages.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).