WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 25 Oct 2013 - Pizza Boy HopTart & Sunny Side Up w/Terry Hawbaker (Video)

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

44 comments (click to read or post):

  1. You guys kill me every week but this one takes the cake. I used to go to Hacketts & Black Rock specifically for two beers and now you bring back my hero! Terry is the best and I plan to drive down tomorrow even though I'm not on the bus. I didn't know where Terry had moved to and I really like his brews. See you there. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live up here but I really live at Pizza Boy. I almost had an accident when I heard who you have on today. I love Terry's sour beers and I haven't tried Hop Tart yet. Saturday road trip!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've tasted every Pizza Boy beer so far. I live near Enola and I do tune into you guys every week. I'll say hi if I get out tomorrow afternoon. Amy P (Anndale)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just told my friends we need to go to Pizza Boy tomorrow. I had no idea Terry Hawbaker was there and I loved Bullfrog so we will make the ride down too. See you there.


    Kev HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beer-history today. I lived a block away from Hacketts and I wondered what happened. I loved a brown ale they brewed and we've been searching for it. Cool show.


    Jeb's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry brews some amazing beer so be sure to visit Pizza Boy in Enola PA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I want to be on your bus! L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want Terry's triple IPA. Good good good! Jaared

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ON the bus!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really did not know that the brewer from Black Rock was nearby. Thanks for the info WILK. I used to go there all the time and I was even hitting Bullfrog so now I have a new destination. Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Sunny Side up. I think it's perhaps my favorite coffee beer. JimE

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you guys said a bus trip to Pizza Boy I had no idea. I'm local so I know good beer but I didn't realize it was Terry and 100 taps too. Now I wish I was in the bus. Have fun. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll have to visit Pizza Boy. I had no idea what it was when you announced the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sours and I didn't know about Pizza By. I have to get out more. KKT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was a regular at Bullfrog but I thought Terry was still in Virginia. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to get down there tomorrow. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do they bottle their beer at Pizza Boy?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, but the beers they bottle are brewpub only so you have to enjoy them there. I believe Terry said they have about 4 or 5 different beers bottled in 750ml bottles at the brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Be sure to try some of Terry's IPA's. He has some unusually hoppy beers. Paul

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is Pizza Boy for sale anywhere in NEPA? Josh

    ReplyDelete
  20. Josh...most everything Terry brews goes to the brewery tap handles or festivals so no you can't find it up in NEPA yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I'll try to get down there. I wasn't sure what Pizza Boy was until the show today and I used to love Black Rock.



    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did I see Mulls in that video?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi All:

    I'm surprised how many people didn't know Terry was brewing at Pizza Boy. Trust me and visit there.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  24. The hop tart sounded great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have tickets so I'll be on the bus tomorrow. Yeddo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Terry is a really talented brewer and I think he may be our area's best brewer. Cheers Terry!
    ChrisT

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the number of beers they have on tap at Pizza Boy will blow anyone away. It is a great idea to take a bus there so you have a ride home. See you tomorrow. Chet

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the lessons on sour beers. I have to try more of them. S

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi WILK. Just trying to keep up with the amazing beer coming out of Terry is not easy. I plan to follow you guys down tomorrow. Deliaa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hand down my favorite brewery is Pizza Boy.

    Rob (Emmaus)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I didn't get a ticket but Pizza Boy seems to be a great destination. Cheers to Terry

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm watching the video now! Nice

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you to Terry Hawbaker & Kristen Mullen for joining us in the studio today to sample Pizza Boy HopTart and Sunny Side Up. As always Terry's beers are unique and really good. If you're on the bus with us tomorrow, you're in for a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I saw the facebook photos. You have too much morning fun. When you retire let me know so I can apply fr your job at WILK.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  35. I called10 times to get the tickets today! But alas I think I'll be driving myself.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great show. I want to try the 60-day sour program beers. Bob Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  37. I didn't know about the Duclaw event.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm new to good beer but I love coffee and I never heard of coffee in a beer. Sunny Side Up sounds amazing. I want to try that beer. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  39. Did I see a near spill?

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was the king of near-spills and minor-spills today, including one that ended up on my pants. Two growlers 14 cups and limited counter space...a bad mix and a clumsy morning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I want you guys to know I watch the video to the absolute end every week. You should sell advertising after the credits. BethsSister

    ReplyDelete
  42. I used to buy Terry's bottles at Bullfrog and I'd drive up here from NC to sample them. I recently did the same after I heard you guys mention Pizza Boy on the show a few months ago. Thanks for the heads up.


    Jameson

    ReplyDelete
  43. If you are anywhere near Pizza Boy tomorrow between 11 and 2 please stop by and say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sunny Side Up is the best coffee beer I've tried. And I loved HopTart Sour too!

    Thank you to Terry Hawbaker for making great beer and for being on the FBB this morning! See ya at Pizza Boy tomorrow!

    Thanks too, to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com and as always, thank you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).