WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 18 Oct 2013 - Samuel Adams Ruby Mild w/Jim Koch(Video)

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

27 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Sorry for the delay posting the video today! I'll be moderating comments after lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Samuel Adams beers so how is it that I never heard about this beer? Is the 12-pack available yet? Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric...you'll need to tune into mybeerbuzz.com and the Friday beer buzz. We broke news of Ruby Mild months ago and yes I believe the 12-packs have bwen available for a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 12-pack. I don't think Ruby Red is my favorite but it's probably one of the more unique beers in the pack. Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam is my favorite beer and you found one I never had. I have missle lock on Ruby Red. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like trying a new Sam.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love this beer! Nice choice. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the 12 pack too. I like the Ruby Mild but then again I don't like hops in my beer too much. I never knew about the Louis Koch beer thing. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi buzzers. Sometimes I watch the video twice. I miss things the 1st time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to make a T-Shirt. He who rakes last rakes least. My neighbors would love it. Thank you, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know about Boulevard with Duvel. That should be a nice mix and I hope we get it in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish wish wish I could be on the bus! Ahhhhh I have a Halloween party! Mertz

    ReplyDelete
  13. What was that music? ROOOOOOOOBEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll have to ask Kyle what that song was. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How malty was Ruby Mild? Erin J

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it but I would not by a case of it. Kev

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's VERY malty Erin...in fact there is very little presence of hops in the flavor. I like hoppy beers so it's not my cup of tea, but a very good mild (even though it doesn't completely fit the definition).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rockin' Exit Music!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Drink a beer for me at Marley's. I have a Halloween party on the 26th but I'll be drinking with you guys in spirit. Nic

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're heading our to the PSU game or we'd be there too. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is Ruby Mild available outside the 12-pack? Greg

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greg. I haven't seen it in six packs or cases so I'd say it's part of the Harvest Collection 12-pack only.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll have to try Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bought the 12-pack today but I didn't try it yet. I'll let you know how I like Ruby Mild later. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please do let us know Jess. We always love seeing people trying new beers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I AM on the Buzz Bus! See you next Sat. J

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sam Adams Ruby Mild is, as Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com put it, a mid-season seasonal and that is an apt description. It's sweet and malty and hints at those December Christmasy beers that have various depictions of Santa's helper on the label.

    I too prefer something with more hops than Ruby Mild but I gotta say it was tasty! Try one and see what you think!

    And as always, thanks to Bill and thank YOU for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).