WILK Friday BeerBuzz - 30 Aug 2013 - Rivertowne Brewing Hala Kahiki Pineapple Pale Ale

FBBbeerbuzzbanner_v4
It was a really unique show today on the WILK Friday BeerBuzz.  First off both Webster & Nancy were out of town on their cruise…and while we have done shows with out one or the other, only once did we do a Friday BeerBuzz without both Nancy & John.  That show was done during their previous cruise and I co-hosted with Joe Thomas & LA Tarrone.  Today for the first time it was just Rob & I, and considering Rob has never co-hosted a BeerBuzz before I think we did a great job and had a lot of fun.

Our brewery today comes to us from Export PA and they are relatively new in the Northeastern PA markets.  Rivertowne  Brewing was started by Andrew Maxwell, but not in a traditional manner.  Turns our Andrew was a chemist by trade, and his work with Smith Kline Beecham lead to the development of Sudafed.  Andrew took a buy out and ultimately used that money to open Rivertowne Brewing.

Originally a series of three contract brews coming from Full Pint Brewing, the Rivertowne brewing brand opened their production brewery in 2012 and they now produce six different beers, all in 12oz cans.
image
So you may ask why I chose the beer I did today…to which I’d say why not?  Our beer choice today was Hala Kahiki Pineapple Pale Ale and yes I chose it simply because I knew Rob and I would have fun with it.  Don’t get too lost on that aspect, since this is actually a very good beer.  While I know the flavor of Pineapple in a beer is not for everyone, you’d be surprised how well balanced and drinkable this beer is….and in cans and coming in at 4.8% ABV it’s perfect for the beach, camping, hiking or even golfing.

Be sure to check out Rivertowne Hala Kahiki as well as their other beers: Babbling Blonde, Maxwell’s Scottish Ale, Grateful White, RT Lager & Old Wylie’s IPA…and see for yourself.

Thank you to Rob & Kyle for yet another
fun Friday.
The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together. As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.
.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

16 comments (click to read or post):

  1. I haven't heard of this beer but I want to try it. Thank U

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this beer available in NEPA?

    Ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky....Yes. I bought it at Krugel's Georgetown Deli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the show today but I can't find the video.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. John or Nancy typically edit the video. Joe Thomas was nice enough to sit in and film for us today, and Kyle was planning to try to edit the video but it doesn't look like he was able to get it posted. I'm sure it will be up, it just may have to wait for John to return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this beer a few weeks ago. I liked it and I think it will surprise even the most jaded beer drinker. In a good way.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. This beer is in cans only? TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes TJ. I've only seen cans in 6-packs & cases. I actually have their Maxwell's Scottish Ale cans at home to try this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What other beers do they make? Ed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ed they have a Babbling Blonde, Grateful White, RT Lager & Old Wylie's IPA. I'm not sure if all of these are available in NEPA but they are all cans as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking forward to the video. I wanted to re-hear all of the funny facts about the brewery and the beer. Cheers. James

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sudefed leads to beer. I love it!

    Keith K

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys. I'm not too sure about pineapple in beer but I trust your choices. I'll give it a run.

    Jerr

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the show beer was interesting today. I never heard of a pineapple in beer. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a little unique Chris. I've seen Lambics that use Pineapple, but very few other beers that I've seen. I'm not sure what because it seems to work just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My thanks today to Rob, Joe Thomas & Kyle for helping with the show. Have a good Labor Day weekend and please be careful out there.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).