WILK Friday BeerBuzz–13 Apr 2012 Yorkholo Brewing Co w/Jarrod York

WILKFridayBerbuzz15I’ve really been amazed at just how many small and mid-sized breweries opened their doors in Pennsylvania in 2011.  The demand for local fresh craft beer is on the rise, and it’s a very promising sign for craft beer lovers.

The best part about the opening of a new brewery, is getting to try the new beers and getting to meet the man behind the brews.  Today we welcomed Jarrod York, brewmaster & owner of Yorkholo Brewing Co in Mansfield, PA on to the Friday BeerBuzz.  Jarrod York & Ashley Rodgers opened the doors at Yorkholo in Feb 2011 and it’s exciting to hear how well things are going.  The menu items and list of beers on their website looks great, and after talking to Jarrod, I’m excited to see what will come next for Yorkholo.

imageNamed after the family’s former 1861 Dairy Farm and based on Jarrod’s degree in Environmental Biology, Yorkholo carries on the fine traditions of sustainability and environmental friendliness.  I was excited to hear everything they’re doing to remain “green” and of course I love the fact that spent grains are used for veggie burgers.

Today we sampled Panamah Red Red Rye and I really thought it was a great beer, especially for this time of the year.  It has a great easy-drinking body and a refreshing rye flavor…and yes it finishes nicely with clean hoppy flavors.  This is a great Spring and summer beer for sure and one I really enjoyed. 

It’s quite complex for an IPA, especially in the malt, but it’s very hop-forward and there’s no doubt this is a great IPA. 

Of course we had to sample Jarrod’s NEW Jam Session Saison, and I really liked that brew even more.

Thank you to Jarrod York & Ashley Rodgers from Yorkholo Brewing Co

, Nancy, John, & Bosco for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

12 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Welcome back to friday buzzers. Thanks for bringing us another great local brewer. I haven't heard of Yorkholo but I have a sister in Mansfield so I can't wait to visit. Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice show boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I was going to like Yorkholo's 'Panamah Red Rye' even before I tasted it. The first sentence in the description on their website contained the word 'hoppy'!

    Thanks to Jarrod York for being on the show and congratulations on making some great beer. Mansfield, PA is lucky to have you!

    Thanks to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com, to Bosco, to Rusty, and thanks to you for listening!

    Hope to see lots of you at the Taming of the Brew in Bloomsburg Saturday night!


    Best,
    John (webster@wilknewsradio.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I trie dthe panama red a few months ago and really liked it. I think it is Yorkholo's hoppiest beer too. Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the bus trip but it sounds great. I'll have to visit Yorkholo. I hadn't heard of it until today. Thanks WILK. Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect music! Welcome back Bosco,
    JT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another new brewery for me to try courtesy of WILK. Cheers guys! Evan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beers sounded really good today. Maybe I justw ant a beer, but I'm thinking we'll have to maybe take a drive to Mandfield PA tomorrow =)

    James

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking the same as James. Time for a road trip tomorrow. Cheers Jarrod.


    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up in Mansfield and I've visited Yorkholo many times. It's a gem in this beer-free wilderness and I'll actually be there Saturday night. My name is Rob & I'l be at the bar if you guys go up on Saturday stop in and say hi.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was nice to see such a young guy owning his own brewery in a small town. I'm sure his grandfather would be proud. Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree Aaron....it's great to see the family name marching forward. A big thank you to Jarrod York & Ashley Rodgers for making the ride down to join us on the air today. There are also some exciting new details coming from Yorkholo about the barley they'll be using in the future so stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).