WILK Friday BeerBuzz–24 Feb 2012 Marley’s Tire Chaser IPA w/Mark Braunwarth

WILKFridayBerbuzz10

We’re lucky enough to get to talk to many local brewmasters, but today’s guest made his first visit to the Friday BeerBuzz studios today, and we were glad he did.

About a year ago I started hearing word that a brewery was being planned in Bloomsburg, and sure enough the details came flying in shortly thereafter.  The doors at Marley’s Brewery & Grille on Main St in Bloomsburg officially opened on Feb 10th last year.  At that time they had 4 regular beers on tap, and one specialty brew.  Over the course of a year the menu at Marley’s has expanded…and so has the beer selection…with 10 different beers pouring at most times.

image
Today we were lucky enough to have brewmaster Mark Braunwarth join us to sample some of his beer.  I always like sampling a brewery’s core beers, but the specialty beers are even more fun.  Mark was nice enough to bring us his Tire Chaser IPA today and we really enjoyed this west-coast style IPA.  It had lots of great citrusy-hoppy flavor and just the right amount of Falconer’s flight hops (one of my favorites).  As IPA’s go, this is actually an easier-drinking 6% ABV and 62 IBU, but it is full of flavor.  We also LOVED the Dog House Double IPA and it was a great contrast trying both together.

There’s nothing like sampling a new beer with the guy that brewed it, and today was no different.  Mark was not only nice enough to share some of Marley’s newest specialty beers, but also sample them while with us while he filled in the beer-details.  Marley’s has a variety of beers from Scotch Ales, to Kolsch and quite a few styles in between.  The food is also incredible so be sure to stop down and try the beers & food for yourself.

Thank you to Mark Braunwarth from Marley’s Brewery & Grille

, Nancy, John, & Joe for yet another fun Friday.

The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together.

As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

31 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Mark Braunwarth brought an IPA and a double-IPA to the Friday Beer Buzz this morning. My vote is to make Mark the guest brewmaster every week!

    My wife has been to Marley's but I haven't been yet?!? I'm embarrassed and ashamed. lol

    Thanks Mark, thanks Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com and thank you for listening!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marleys is awesome and not just the beer. Cheers to Mark. Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great local beer...Cheers buzzers & thanks to Marleys

    Austin L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marleys is a great place. I'm amazed it took you guys this long to get them.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Thanks Rich. We were actually working on Marleys over a year ago but scheduling has been a little tricky. No worries...we'll get Mark up again to sample some more great Marley's brews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Job buzzers. I love it when you feature local breweries. I love Marleys so this was perfect.

    Bob K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in BBurg and I'm glad you feature dmy favorite brewery today. Cheers to Marleys.

    Hal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tire Chase is my favorite beer @ Marleys. Nic eot hear them on the radio. It's ABOUT TIME they got on the air.

    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live right down the street. Marley's is fantastic. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never knew who did their beer. Thanks for finally getting Marley's on the radio. Cheers to Mark!

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only been to marleys once but you picked my favorite beer. Their IPA is great.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers Mark. It's good to hear you on the radio finally. I'm a big fan of Marleys beer too.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven;t been to Marleys yet but I convincen my wife and friends to come down tonight. I'm anxious to try the double IPA too.

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark I love the Kolsch. I hope you bottle some day too.

    BenJ

    ReplyDelete
  15. Featuring a local brewery is your best thing. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot believe how many great guests are on your show. Next stop TV!

    Ron E

    ReplyDelete
  17. I visit Marleys all the time. Very cool to hear Mark. I've never met him until todays show but I love his beer.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have tried every beer MArley's has had. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...very cool Jim. A big thank you to Mark ing us today on the WILK Friday BeerBuzz. We really enjoyed sampling Marley's IPA & Double IPA side-by-side and I definitely reccomend you check out Marley's for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm heading over there tonight to buy a growler of the double IPA. It sounded great on your show today.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great beer x 2, great guest and I love Marley's. Win Win Win Win.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice show WILK! This one is your winner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never miss a beer buzz show. I think your chemistry is fantastic too and whoever is booking your guests deserves a beer. Cheers to WILK.

    Kevin We

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great show once again and I love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I visit Marleys almost every weekend. I love the food and it helps that they have great beer!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never heard of Marleys but I'm going to go visit on Saturday. Thanks for pointing out another great local brewery. Tim

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice job Mark! Cheers to two great beers. See you tonight @ Marleys. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can't believe the great variety of beer they have at Marleys. I just checked out their website. Cheers to WILK for having them on.

    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hilarious video credits. I smell Webster all over them! Mike

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).