Molson Coors Canada Removes Supersized Beer from Shelves (Black Label Big 10)

imageMolson Coors has bowed to public pressure to remove their Black Label Big 10 “beer” from the shelves AND stop production of Black Label Big 10 altogether.  Identified as being responsible for violence and being the drink of choice of addicts in several cities, Molson Coors has pulled the beer from Alberta and it is expected other provinces will follow.  Black Label Big 10 is a 40oz bottle that is 10.1% ABV and costs about $5.  Local authorities campaigned against the beer by pointing out that drinking one 40oz bottle was the equivalent of drinking seven regular cans of beer.  (Full Edmonton Journal Article Here)

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

3 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Bummer, I live in Quebec city and I hope this doesn't happen here. I've noticed lately that the Molson dry 10.1 is getting hard to find. All the other %'s are there up to 8% but the 10.1% is Missing in action. At least the Labatt Dry 10.1 is always available, I hope they can pick up that share of the market if Molson bans all 10.1's. The price is higher now too, 5.59$ per 1.18L. bottle, I remember a few years ago I would pay 4.29$ for the same exact bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be a silly question but can I assume you like it because the High ABV and low price?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, right cheap. What about people like me who can handle a drink? LIKE holy!!! Now I have to drink a thunderbolt LMFAO right sick ;/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).