WILK Friday BeerBuzz–2 Sept 2011 Troegs Perpetual IPA w/John Trogner

WILKFridayBerbuzz7I’m a huge fan of the beers coming out of Troegs Brewery, so I was really excited to hear John & Chris Trogner would be releasing an IPA.  We featured Troegs Nugget Nectar w/Chris Trogner back in Feb and we were also lucky enough to break the news of a potential brew called Perpetual IPA coming from Troegs back in Nov…so today I was absolutely beside myself to get to sample Perpetual IPA with John Trogner on the show.TroegsPerceptualIPA

Troegs Brewery continues a very exciting expansion into their new Hershey Facility, so it was great to get some of the details from John, and also to hear about the dedicated Scratch Series brewing system  This not only speaks well for the quality and quantity of Scratch beers coming out of Troegs, but also the possibility that we may see even more Scratch beers.

Perpetual IPA was a really tasty IPA.  I was somehow expecting something that would taste like Nugget Nectar, but I was pleasantly surprised to sample a completely different (and wonderfully hoppy) brew.  This is a beer you should not only taste, but a beer I suspect will become a favorite of hop-lovers everywhere.

Thanks
to John Trogner from Troegs. Nancy, John, Joe, and Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday BeerBuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday BeerBuzz page by clicking HERE.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

40 comments (click to read or post):

  1. I love Troegs and it was great to hear John Trogner on our local radio. Can I get Perpetual IPA @ Georgetown Deli?

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes JJ...they have Perpetual IPA @ Krugels but don't wait too long...they only had a few cases to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice show buzzers. I had Perpetual last weekend. It's a really good beer.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Perpetual IPA in 12oz bottles? Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason. It's in 22oz bottles and cases not 12oz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I counted a total of seven different hops that go into the brewing of Troeg's 'Perpetual IPA'. It's pretty much an IPA masterpiece!

    Thanks to John Trogner for being on our show and thank you as always to Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for making it happen every week.

    And most of all thank you for listening to the Friday BeerBuzz on WILK 103.1FM and online at www.wilknewsradio.com!

    Best,
    John
    webster@wilknewsradio.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great guest and show. I love Troegs beer. I hung in there today after the commercial. I didn't realize you guys talk more about the beer after the commercials. I'll have to hang in there every week.

    Eric A (Dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We stayed on clock today Eric so we actually had a little chat time after the break. So yes by all means hang in there after the show ends...I'm always in the studio from 8 to 9 or more so you never know when you'll get beer chat on WILK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is Perpetual IPA a year round beer?
    Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art...it is listed as a seasonal last summer but we'll see. You may see a 12oz version year-round...you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice show today. I like John Trogner as a guest and we love his beer. My husband drinks more Treogs than anything.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got me hooked on Hopback so this sounds like another perfect one for me. Heading to Georgetown Deli!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks John...it IS a masterpiece IPA.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go Buzz3ers! Love the show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Troegs is doing it right in Hershey. I'm anxious to see if their business increases as a result.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm heading to Georgetown for lunch. Do I have to ask for Perpetual?

    Mark M

    ReplyDelete
  17. It wouldn't hurt Mark. I know they had two cases, but these are 22oz bottles so that's not much. It's pretty hard to get.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the label for Perpetual. I'll bet the beer is good and how did you get John Trogner?! What a great guest!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree Chris. John Trogner was a fun guest and Perpetual IPA looks great (and tastes great).

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I saw what you said but did it taste at all like Nugget Nectar??

    Alan Janson (Kingston, PA)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alan...while there is some family resemblence to Nugget with the orange label color, the hop profile was distinctly different. It's a great bee ron it's own and John even mentioned they specifically tried to stay away from the Nugget Nectar hop profile.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I noticed John didn't let out which Scratch beer Perpetual IPA was base don but I'll bet it's close to #40. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sure Perpetual IPA is very close to one of them..probably with a little tweak Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think Troegs has to be one of our leading local breweries. I love Weyerbacher & Victory and many of the smaller ones, but I think Troegs leads the way. Jerry Arbit

    ReplyDelete
  25. My absolute favorite beer is Nugget Nectar. I almost had a mess in my pants when Chris Trogner wa son your show in Feb with Nugget Nectar. Then you featured Mad Elf, probably my second favorite beer, and now you get John Trogner with Perpetual IPA. Of course I'll be running to Gerogetown Deli to try it out and I'll bet I will love it. Thank you again for bring out these great beers and brewmasters on the show. Carl (Taylor)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Carl. I agree on everything you said. We were talking today and I think Troegs is our most featured brewery on the Friday Beerbuzz. Our very 1st show was Hopback, and we've since featured Mad Elf, Nugget, Scrtach 29 and Perpetual.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Buzzers. I've listened to every show and played back more than a few show video and I just wanted to thank you all. The show gets better and better every week, and just when I thought I knew every beer out there, Bill brings in not only a new one, but and even better one. I'm looking forward to your fall beer choices and keep up the good work. Marty from WB

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks Marty. We really have fun doing the show and we're fortunate enough to have some great guests join us for some really tasty beers. Glad to hear our "bringing good beers and good people together" is really working.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Quick post from dallas. Lost my power from irene but made my brother get the WILK app so we didn't miss the buzz today. John Trogner and the buzzers rock cheers Rob

    ReplyDelete
  30. A special thank you Rob! For those playing the home version of the Friday BeerBuzz in the Back Mtn area...we are still without power at the beerbuzz household so I feel for you. Hang in there and hopefully it will all be back on-line very soon. Fingers are crossed for everyone still without power!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Was that Creedence Clearwater Bosco?

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes...that was a great choice Bosco made today...I drew a complete blank on a song to go with Perpetual!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Long time listener but first time commentor: I was never that interested in beer. But you guys have me hooked on Three Philosophers, and Troegs Hopback. Of course if I was able to buy it all year I'd probably buy Troegs Nugget Nectar every weekend. Thanks for the good beer info.

    Artemis

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't believe people still don't have power! That would suck. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Believe it Anon. This is day 6 for us, beginning at 5AM on Sunday. No power or water, no grill or anything to cook with. Thankfully the beer stays cold in the cooler with ice, but it has been most unpleasant to say the least. We're hopeful for today maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What's a good beer choice for a power outage?
    Alan J

    ReplyDelete
  37. Funny you should ask Alan because we've been working that out all week. We chose Dale's Pale Ale because the cans cool down much quicker when we first load the cooler. Then we've been enjoying Yards Cape of Good Hope, Southern Tier Harvest and Troegs Perpetual IPA...lots of good flavor and a relaxing dose of ABV ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've been a friday beer buzz listener for at least a year, but I just visited Georgetown Deli last night. Wow what a great place. My wife & I had a sub and enjoyed a beer on draft and took home about 4 bottles too. Thanks to WILK for pointing them out. Who knew they had such a great selection of beer up there. Cheers Doug

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for tuning in Doug...and glad you found your way into Krugels! and MARK YOUR CALENDAR for 9/23 @ Krugel's! We'll be doing a special event from 5-7PM so be sure to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you everyone...and a BIG Thank you to John Trogner for joining us on the Friday BeerBuzz today to sample Perpetual IPA. Stay tuned to wilknewsradio.com, fridaybeerbuzz.com and our Video Archive here on mybeerbuzz.com for the HD video of today's show.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).