Chip the Beer Guy / John Webster

Webster Since I’ve been out of town for a few weeks this is probably old news for most, but it is a story I continue to follow closely.  Our beloved John Webster has left Rock 107 to take on a new morning show on WILK.  As this story broke on 3/31, I noticed that all references to the Chip the Beer Guy show had been removed from Rock 107’s website.  It’s my understanding that Chip is still involved in some format of negotiations with Rock 107 to continue the show, but my sources are telling me that Rock 107 isn't necessarily actively negotiating.  I’m also hearing of the possibility of Chip following John Webster and doing a new show on WILK with new sponsorship, this of course assumes Rock 107 doesn’t own his “name” also.  As of last Friday Rock 107 didn’t even run a repeat Chip the Beer Guy show, so who knows what the future will bring.  On a final “rumor central” note, I’ve now heard from two different sources that there may now be two competing morning radio beer shows in the works….so stay tuned.

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

2 comments (click to read or post):

  1. Chip the Beer Guy12 April, 2010 10:10

    Who knows how all of this will shake out. I am currently still working with Rock 107 to continue doing the show. Responses to my e-mails have been slow at best. I fully intend to keep MY name. I can't see a legal battle like that of Webster. If there is a legal issue, I don't have the monitary funds to fight even though I know I'd win. As for other stations doing a morning beer show, how do they say it, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" If other stations feel as though they have to "copy" the show, than more power to them for being ORIGINAL. Stay tuned as we work out the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chip...please do keep us up to date.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).