Chip the Beer Guy Rock 107 - Harpoon Leviathan Saison Royale

I always love a good 9% strong Saison early in the morning and the guys did not disappoint.  Today’s beer of the day (and the final beer of the 2009 Chip the Beer Guy season), was Harpoon Leviathan Saison Royale.  This beer is part of the limited production Leviathan series from Harpoon and I beer that I’ve actually tasted myself.  It did feel a little odd tasting a Saison in a 12oz bottle for me.  Not sure why but I guess I always see Saisons in big bottles only…but don’t get hung up on that.  This is a really interesting beer and one you should definitely try.

The “insider” secret here is that due to a scheduling conflict, today’s show and several others were recorded in one group a few Sundays ago.  John tells me today’s show was the last one recorded of four they did that day…and that level of fun certainly came out in the show.  Play back the podcast when they post it up and see how many seconds into the show they make it without a little slurrrrr…  Very funny guys!

As a beer guy I also loved the “what to give for Xmas” segment, because of course they are recommending beer.  I’ll admit my favorite gift every year comes in bottles.  With family near Weyerbacher and East End Brewing, I look forward to my liquid gifts every year.  So I’ll second that notion…if you have a beer lover on your list…buy them beer swag (pint glasses, T-shirts…) or just buy them beer.  Of course you should shop at one of our local mybeerbuzz establishments for your gifts like (Krugels, Sabatinis, Breaker Brewing Co, Plaza Beverage, Purvs, Jessup Beverage, The Beer Stop, Berwick Brewing Co, Back Yard Ale House, AuRants, Old Forge Brewing Co, Elmer Sudds, Ice House, Dugans, Madisons…well you get the idea.)

On a final note, I just wanted to say a thank you to Chip, John, Jay, Ruthie, your many beer-guests and the rest of the people behind the scenes at the Chip the Beer Guy show.  I’ve really enjoyed listening and I look forward to the shows to come in 2010.  Cheers from mybeerbuzz.com!

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

2 comments (click to read or post):

  1. wait...wwwwhat wwwwwere wwwwwe talking about???

    Thanks John!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).