Lion Brewery – Label Fun

I know many of you are not only fans of the Lion Brewery beers, but also tremendously interested in the long and rich history of the Lion Brewery brands and beverages.  In that light, I thought it would be fun to post up some of the historical, and not-so-historical labels and brands to come out of Lion Brewery.  I welcome submissions of photos or stories and I’ll post them up for all to see.  I’ll give whatever details I can on the time-frame/history of each label, but I’ll admit there are many I know very little about.  Without further delay I begin the Lion Label series.

This one comes in from the 1950’s and it’s Stegmaier Gold Medal Beer.

LionStegGoldMedalLabel

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

2 comments (click to read or post):

  1. This seems like a fine space to point this out: The Pocono beer lineup, made by Lion, has a label with a backdrop of mountains that are very clearly nowhere within 1,000 miles of the Poconos.

    Years ago, I wrote an email to the brewery about this. I never heard back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Jeff....I suspect the mountains were chosen more for design reasons and less for geographical accuracy....I'll have to see if I can find them so we can post them up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).