15 November 2016
From Hi-Wire Brewing:
19, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. at their South Slope Speciality Brewery with a bottle release of its two first sours,
including a Sour Blonde Ale and Wild Rye IPA.
Over the course of the past year, Hi-Wire’s South Slope Specialty Brewery has fully transitioned from brewing
a wide variety of one-time-release ales and lagers to brewing exclusively sour and wild beers. After one year of
experimenting with limited releases from their Single Barrel Series and one-off batches of wild-ales, Hi-Wire
Brewing is excited to announce the official release of its first two sours that will be hitting all four of the states
they distribute in on Monday, November 21.
The Sour Blonde Ale (7.65% ABV) was aged in American oak red wine barrels before being bottle conditioned.
It displays aromas of citrus rind and hay from brettanomyces with faint berry, pineapple, and oak. This classic
American-style sour exhibits notes of bright acidic stone and tropical fruit, subtle brett funk with a clean, dry
The Wild Rye IPA (6.75%) is a lively, tropical India Pale Ale blending rye spice, dank mango, and pine notes
from American hops, with the rustic character of house brett. Aged for 6 months before being bottle
conditioned, this wild ale has a medium body that finishes with a soft bitterness and lasting notes of tropical
fruit & funk. Bottles will be $13.
In conjunction with the release of the Sour & Wild Ale program, Hi-Wire Brewing has launched the RingMaster
V.I.P. Beer Club, a year-long limited membership program that provides exclusive sour and wild ale beer
releases to members. Membership is $200 and includes the following:
1. Receive five sour and wild ale releases per year, that are custom beers for RingMaster members. No
other customers will have access to these beers. These special release beers are included with your
VIP membership and there is no additional cost to get them. No shipping; all beers must be picked up
from our South Slope Speciality Brewery (197 Hilliard Avenue).
2. RingMaster members are entitled to a barrel tasting of in-progress sour beers with our brewers once
during the year.
3. 15% off all Hi-Wire Brewing merchandise purchases in either taproom with membership ID card.
4. Free admission to any Hi-Wire event with membership ID card.
5. One-of-a-kind embroidered Hi-Wire Brewing t-shirt.
6. RingMaster members will receive one VIP member Teku glass.
7. The opportunity to purchase bottles and cans of ALL releases one day prior to the public release date.
More information and registration is available at www.hiwirebrewing.com/vip.