WILK Friday BeerBuzz – 15 Oct 2010 (Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale & MIKE)

WILKFridayBerbuzz7 I’m not only a long time drinker of Weyerbacher beers, but a long time lover of their line of big beers.  Maybe it was the way their simple Hops Infusion spoke to me, maybe it was the way their barrel aged Insanity lingered on my tongue and in my mind or maybe it was even the smile I still remember on my face when they first premiered Double Simcoe at a beer festival…but whatever the case I am a huge fan.  Sure it helps that Brother BeerBuzz has lived 5-mins from both Weyerbacher brewery locations for many moons, and of course it helps that I like a big beer…but it’s more than that…quite simply Weyerbacher does beer the way I would do beer (if I could do beer).

imperial-pumpkin weyerbacher.jpgToday Chris Wilson, head brewer for Weyerbacher joined us in the studio to talk about the Easton, PA brewery and some of their beers.  It was VERY cool to get to try Brewer’s Reserve MIKE before it’s even released and a lot of fun sampling Imperial Pumpkin Ale with Chris.  I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin beers, BUT Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale has always been one I look forward to every year…hell we even drink it on the beach when we go on vacation every year.  Be sure to check out Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale for yourself AND watch for Brewers Reserve MIKE coming very soon.



FridayBeerbuzz15Oct2010 Great beers and a great show!…
Thanks
to  Chris, John, Nancy, Joe & Bosco for yet another fun Friday. 
The Friday Beerbuzz…bringing good beers and good people together
As always you can check out the video on-line at the WILK Friday Beerbuzz page by clicking HERE

About MyBeer Buzz

Founder, owner, author, graphic designer, CEO, CFO, webmaster, president, mechanic and janitor for mybeerbuzz.com. Producer and Co-host of the WILK Friday BeerBuzz live weekly craft beer radio show. Small craft-brewer of the craft beer news sites and one-man-band with way too many instruments to play........Copyright 2007-2024 mybeerbuzz.com All Rights Reserved: Use of this content on ANY site without written permission is not allowed.

34 comments (click to read or post):

  1. The "Imperial Pumpkin Ale", a definite go-to pumpkin seasonal, really good. Get it at Krugel's! Also loved the "Brewer's Reserve Mike". Thanks to Chris Wilson from Weyerbacher for being on the show and thanks Bill from MyBeerBuzz.com for putting it all together!

    Cheers!
    John
    (webster@wilknewsradio.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John...and I'd agree. Both great beers from Weyerbacher. I'm a huge fan of their beers and I'm excited to see them getting the recognition they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the Krugel's tasting event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark Your Calendars for 11/5 5-7PM at Krugel's for the first ever Friday BeerBuzz tasting event. Come join us to taste our beer of the day @ Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer. We'll have a great time and you'll really be excited to see Krugel's great selection of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool to talk to Chris Wilson from Weyerbacher. I love their beers but we never hear much from them up here. Thanks for getting Chris on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite pumpkin beer! Hands down Weyerbacher is the best!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A+ Weyerbacher is a great brewery tour and I really lobe Heresy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the show today and the big chair is icing on the cake. See you at Krugels.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris was a great guest. I'm new to Weyerbacher but you certainly have me excited to try both beers.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the beer with us. Can't wait to check out Krugel's tasting with you guys there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a great idea to do an appearance at Krugels. I always want to have a beer with you all on the show and now I can. And I love John's Big Chair!

    Ryan W

    ReplyDelete
  12. We bought some Blithering Idiot after your last Weyerbacher show and we really enjoyed it. I also tried their Merry Monk and liked that a LOT too. I didn't know they had a Pumpkin Ale so I'll definitely try that one too. Thanks Friday Beer Buzz!

    Steve (Moosic)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chris was a great guest and I"m a big Weyerbacher fan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anyone that says they don't like pumpkin beers should try Weyerbacher. This is an amazing beer. Thanks Chris Wilson for coming up to NEPA.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just bounced over to wilk to check out the video. You guys are having way too much fun!

    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved Weyerbacher, but they've been pretty quiet in the past in northeastern PA. I think it's great that they stopped in o say hi on our local radio show. Weyerbacher makes some of the best locally brewed beers in PA, but they do it very quietly. Thanks to Chris Wilson for helping my beer-looving friends discover what a great brewery Weyerbacher is, and thanks to the Friday BeerBuzz team for bringing Chris to us. A Great show! I think I'll celebrate with some of my Weyerbacher Riserva while I watch the video. That or get on up to Krugels and buy some more Imperial Pumpkin. Thanks to all. The NEPA beer scene gets better and better.

    Ron (Wilkes-Barre)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you guys do it. By my count that's the 5th or 6th pre-release beer you've managed to taste th one show. You are my heros!

    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Big ups to a great radio show! I love Weyerbacher beers but no one seem to know they exist. Now you guys let my beer secret out of the bag. I better go stock up on Weyerbacher now ;)

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to Friday beer buzz live show in a few weeks. Save me a beer.

    Matt (Daleville)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone. We're looking forward to Nov 5th 5PM @ Krugel's Georgetown Deli to get a chance to say hi and talk beer with everyone.

    A huge thank you to Chris Wilson for joining us in the studio AND for bringing Brewers Select MIKE and Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Weyerbacher has always made some amazing beers and I hope we can play even a small role in getting our listeners and readers to give them a try. Weyerbacher is a favorite of mine and I know it will be a favorite of yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...and yes by the way..you CAN buy Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin Ale (and several of their other beers) @ Krugel's Georgetown Deli & Beer on Rt 309 in Wilkes-Barre Twp (by the Big Cow)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin in my refridgerator as we speak. Nice beer and cool to hear their brewmaster talk. Thanks buzzers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks everyone. We're getting a lot of comments abot the show on FaceBook as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Will we be able to buy all your beers at Krugels and will we be able to also buy the beer you do for the 11/5 show at Krugels??

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anon...Yes. The beer we feature on 11/5 will be available to sample and buy @ Krugel's. I do get some rare beers from time to time and some brewery only beers from time to time...and while I can't promise EVERYY show, I will promise that MOST everye beer we sample on the Friday BeerBuzz can be found at Krugel's Georgetown Deli. Be sure to stop in and check out Krugel's. If they don't have it, they can usually get it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey I just figured out you guys do TV every morning. How come I don't see the beer buzz show on TV yet? I'm a big Webster and Nancy listener and I love the friday buzz too.

    Daren

    ReplyDelete
  27. John does a great job and the beerbuzz guy really knows his beers. The chemistry you all have is really good and I can tell all four of you really love the beers. It's contageous. I've tried listening to the 107 show and it's a whole lot of awful these days. Keep up the good work Friday Beer buzz.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know it's silly but my wife has been watching the video from the show and she doesn't like beer but if Nancy likes it, she wants to try it. Can I give Nancy a list of beers to help get my wife to start buying them?? =}

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha! Great idea AJ. I'll be sure to pass on any list of beers you send to Nancy.

    Beer is no longer the bastion of male exclusivity that it used to be. I have many female friends (Nancy included) that are or have become craft beer lovers. There are great beers out there for everyone, regardless of gender and I'd encourage everyone to sample what craft beer has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heading for the Big Cow after lunch. Any suggestions??

    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mal...Krugel's has a lot to offer regardless of what style beer you like. Check out Krugel's Georgetown Deli page on mybeerbuzz for a list of his newest beers. If you like a particular style, let me know and I can make a recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  32. My favorite fall beer!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Weyerbacher Mike on the Friday Beerbuzz before it's even available. How do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  34. We LOVE doing pre-relase beers and Weyerbacher Mike is no exception. There's not nonly a huge thrill in tasting a fresh beer right off the tanks, but also a huge thrill involved in bringing a that beer to all of you.

    How do we do it? We just ask...and brewers like Chris Wilson are nice enough to say yes.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I do moderate each comment so it may not appear immediately...and please be nice! You can also comment using Disqus (below) or even comment directly on Facebook (bottom).